2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

quick power lock wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
bobbos_ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick power lock wiring question

im in the process of puttin pw locks and windows in my truck ive got the power window wiring figured out (ive been mocking it up making sure how it works i have wiring diagrams and such) but with the locks i look at the diagram and it has two wires from the switch goin to the cab and im guessing connecting at the CTM from both pass and driver side then the wires chang colors and go back to the doors to the lock itself no can i bypass that and just have a junction of the wires from the both sides and connect them like that cuz im havin to redo all the wireing for it. it would be something like this

dr switch passenger switch
======================== =========================
dr lock\ / pa lock
======================== \---/ ==========================

sorry for the bad drawing but there would be two of these one for each wire would this work?
i riged it up for just the driver side and it works but idk if it would work for the other side as well so the switches can work both locks.
the way i figured it was that the current would pretty much t off and go both ways or would it just go for the easiest ground.

if not what do yall recomend besides wiring in another CTM

thanks hope theres so wireing geniuses out there

Old 03-09-2008, 10:39 PM
bobbos_ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: quick power lock wiring question

yea it worked i have power windows and locks now

Quick Reply: quick power lock wiring question