2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 dodge ram no bus no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this same problem, replaced pcm, no luck. Found the big hunk of wires that feeds the PDC or main fuse panel under the hood can get corrosion and cause this. That was my fix, I just fiddled with the black plug with a "bolt" in the middle and it cured it for me.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:10 AM
neilsrpcustoms
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no single fix for a no-bus. The bus is a comunication system that runs all over,and there's quite a few things that can happen. I've only ever had one computer that acctually had to be replaced.

But the first place I always start after verifying that there are no fried sensors is the gauge panel.......second is acctually the ABS module plugs that tend to get moisture and corrode.......Third is the computer plugs

The problem tends to be in these few items, wether bad connections,grounds or moisture.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Novarider
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neilsrpcustoms
There is no single fix for a no-bus. The bus is a comunication system that runs all over,and there's quite a few things that can happen. I've only ever had one computer that acctually had to be replaced.

But the first place I always start after verifying that there are no fried sensors is the gauge panel.......second is acctually the ABS module plugs that tend to get moisture and corrode.......Third is the computer plugs

The problem tends to be in these few items, wether bad connections,grounds or moisture.
Where is the ABS module located?

Quick Reply: 99 dodge ram no bus no start