2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vacume hose??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default vacume hose??

was wondering where the valcume hose is , i have 123,000 miles on my truck and i heard alot about sea foam, and alot of people say here too put it in the valcume hose while the truck is running, and or down the throttle body, i duno just really confused on how too use this stuff, and my truck is getting 7 miles to a gallon so i want to try this. and is there anything down the throttle body or is it just empty space??? anybody use seafoam and see improvements??? thanks guys

Old 03-13-2008, 01:26 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: vacume hose??

any line comming of the intake manifold will work , nothing down in the intake u can also dribble some down the intake.. dont let it try to suck the hole can at once , mite cause a hydro lock.. and thats bad news...

Old 03-13-2008, 01:34 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

where is the vacuum hose at , and what does it go into that makes the truck smoke?? and do you do it while the truck is on or off

Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use the PCV or the brake booster hose to suck it in.
You do this with the engine running. If your willing to take the air cleaner off just pour it slowly down the throttle body and the IAC port. That way it can clean off any junk that accumulated on the TB at the same time.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:54 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lastrights

where is the vacuum hose at , and what does it go into that makes the truck smoke?? and do you do it while the truck is on or off
Yes do this while the truck is running , mite be better to have another person to give it some gas (1,000 rpm) so the truck does not die on you.. after it sucked up the whole can let it sit for like an half hour and start her up and take her for a drive and watch the smoke screen...LOL...

Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker

You'll have better results if you let it sit longer. I like to wait 4 hours or more to soften the carbon.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:28 AM
notoes68
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does it improve your milage by?

Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

well i tried it today, i used about 1/3 of a can ,and didnt see much smoke , i mean ya there was some , but for like 2 mins, so shouldi try agian , and use a full can this time or what. i got 123000 on it you would think it would smoke like hell for like an hour. it did kept stailing so i had my buddy rev it a lil bit. let it sit for a half and hour. i dont wanna over do it with the chemical if you know what i mean, just wondering if it will be ok , to try agian with full can and let sit longer.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:30 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker

Use the whole can, and pour the last 5th down the intake with the engine off.
For best results make sure the engine is very hot when you do it and let is soak overnight if possible.
It probably won't increase economy much, but it can smooth out yourengine and reduce pinging.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to think about a good maintanance right now too.. ( plugs, wires, cap and rotor if they havent been done in awhile..) it can make a world of difference... clean the TB .. ( TPS, and IAC..etc..) look for a plenum leak....

Quick Reply: vacume hose??