2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Do these chips work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
BackWoodz4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do these chips work?

Looking around for a performance chip for my 96 1500. There are alot of cheap ones on ebay. Do you think this one will actually work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-13-2008, 09:58 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do these chips work?

NO

Old 03-13-2008, 10:10 PM
SmokeGrinder
Professional

Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 PM
BackWoodz4x4
Rookie

lol I didnt think they'd work

Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 PM
ponyboy1995

They do not work. A friend that I used to work with ordered one from ebay we put it on his company truck (just incase it did more damage then help). We did not notice a single change (good or bad). Don't waiste your money.

Joe

Old 03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
BackWoodz4x4
Rookie

thanks for the advice fellas

Old 03-13-2008, 10:40 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

I just have to ask...why are people so dumb?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:45 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

Indy, I would not say that they are dumb, just uneducated about their vehicles. I had a good friend that was a district manager for Walgreens. Was great in running that line of business. However, I had to show him how to reset a circuit breaker in his house.

I applaud anybody that at least takes the time to ask questions and learn about something before falling for the hype of advertising. Also, even knowledgable people can make mistakes. Except for the tranny, I can pretty much take my truck apart and put it back together myself with just some physical labor assistance. However, I along with many others have that little chunk of 1 inch metal sitting on my desk that most of us call a paperweight. In reality it is a Dodge 360 Magnum Throttle Body Spacer that cost me over $60.

So in answer to your question, uneducated people learn from their mistakes and seek the advice of those with more experience. That's what this forum is for. Dumb people are those that buy it because of the advertising hype and swear that the hype was correct so that they don't look stupid.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Anybody check out the dyno in that link? I guess they're trying to people that would bother to look that there "chip" doesn't work?

Or..... at the bottom where it says what's included in the box.... a real "chip"..... right underneath a picture of a card oflaptop ram.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:29 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter1962

Indy, I would not say that they are dumb, just uneducated about their vehicles. I had a good friend that was a district manager for Walgreens. Was great in running that line of business. However, I had to show him how to reset a circuit breaker in his house.

I applaud anybody that at least takes the time to ask questions and learn about something before falling for the hype of advertising. Also, even knowledgable people can make mistakes. Except for the tranny, I can pretty much take my truck apart and put it back together myself with just some physical labor assistance. However, I along with many others have that little chunk of 1 inch metal sitting on my desk that most of us call a paperweight. In reality it is a Dodge 360 Magnum Throttle Body Spacer that cost me over $60.

So in answer to your question, uneducated people learn from their mistakes and seek the advice of those with more experience. That's what this forum is for. Dumb people are those that buy it because of the advertising hype and swear that the hype was correct so that they don't look stupid.
im not critisizing the guy for asking, just the people that buy this junk. I can understand that people arent as knowledgable about cars as otherthings, as with all things in life. Its funny to me that people think they can have the world for nothing.

Your right, most of us have been there and done that. I think its more me laughing at capitalisim than anything, how people trust an advertisement over experience.

Quick Reply: Do these chips work?