2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check this out

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check this out

This looks like the exact type of system I want to run...

(the very top one)
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.asp?page=48

I don't think I could have a shop run it for any less than this one costs...whatta y'all think?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Check this out

My local exhaust shop will do a custom aluminized steel system for about that same price. That system you linked to has stainless steel tips, but the system itself is not.

What usually costs more is the systems of the stainless steel variety, which is what you want. Last much longer but costs a little more.

If you're going to get it done, my advice is to spend a little more and get it done right the first time.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:03 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the cities I go through require mufflers...does a resinator cover that requirement? I would how much flow air it has and the tone...wish they had sound clips. I have found on ebay a flowmaster package with stainless tips for about $190 plus $40-50 shipping I think. Increase the cost by $28 and you can get the Super 44.

But most people on this forum are telling me not to get single in dual out as it will hurt the performance...just some thoughts. If you want the link tot he ebay item I am thinking of buying let me know, I try to not to send links up showing like I am trying to sell something.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker

The option I was looking at was the one with black powder-coated tips. I do agree and would rather have the stainless steel than the aluminized, but it would still last for a good long while if you don't live around a lot of salt, etc. As for the single in/dual out hurting performance, I would have to see some numbers...sounds like it's driven by opinion rather than fact.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:16 PM
TheForce55555
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally wouldn't go with a stainless exhaust piping.......but thats just me

When I get bored, I always screw with my exhaust and end up cutting and welding ans changing where it exits..........I can't weld stainless so regular steel is good enough for me

Here's my current set-up

Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker

If I had a welder, I'd probably be the same way...and a pipe bender. I was just thinking it was a decent looking exhaust for the price. I really like the sound of my Magnaflow and have thought about just dishing out the dough for a full dual cat-back system...but they are waaay expensive.

Quick Reply: Check this out