2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

duraliner drop in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: duraliner drop in?

Yeah, well had the drop in bed liner put in today, and I don't like it. Looks dumpier than I imagined, and it's not even a Duraliner, it's an "Allstar". I called my body shop who does all our body work and paint jobs, and he said he'll cut me a deal. He'll line-x my truck over the rails for $350. Do you guys think they'll let me get my money back if I bring it back there first thing tomorrow? They didn't even finish it yet, they had to reorder the tailgate piece, so the bedliner isn't even completely installed.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

No offense, but just because it has vents doesn't mean it won't rust. Moisture will still get in there and be between the drop-in and the bed.

The only way to not have moisture in there is a spray-in, whether its a do-it-yourself done properly or a "professionally" done one.

Luckily for me, mine came with one already sprayed-in by a previous owner. Never had one before, and I love it.

EDIT: $500 for a "professionally done" spray-in is a good deal.

The liners are one of those things that if you go cheap, it'll look cheap. Sorry dude.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, well I sure as hell didn't want to spend $500 either, that's just way too overpriced. I wanted to see what a drop in would look like. I never thought it wouldn't have moisture problems, but it's more the fact the way it looked. It just doesn't look right. The truck looks all shiny, and then you got this dull looking kiddy pool liner sitting in your truck lol. But Maaco will do it for me for $350, so that's an excellent deal. I'm just hoping I can get my money back.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you get ripped off more than anyone I know. I thought I had bad luck with my truck. I don't know if mine is an Allstar or my buddys in his S-10. I know someone has an Allstar but not sure who. I don't remember what brand mine is. Maybe if you go in fussing you can get your money back. Who knows. Also is part of that price labor? If so I doubt you will be getting that back.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

LOL the "allstar"...sounds so ****in tacky. I don't know, I showed my brother, and he like laughed at it. He was like dude it looks weird for some reason, he's like get that thing off this truck and have it sprayed in. So then of course I was like wtf *** lol. So I'll give it a whirl tomrorow, if he says no, then whatever I'll keep it. But if he'll give me my money back and I'll let them keep their labor money, then I'll save up for the $350 and get the line-x done.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What makes it look soo bad? Mine looks fine in my truck imo although like I said I'm not sure of the brand and it's a over the rail one not an under the rail. If it was a under the rail one like you said this one is I could see it looking funny. I do have a cover so you don't see it often but it looks fine to me.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Heres my 2 cent........There has beena drop in bedliner in my truck since day one in 1996, there is not one bit of rust under the liner or anywhere inside of the bed

The nice thing about a drop in is that you can take it out and clean it, instead of sweepin the truck bed

I thought you were broke 01 dodge???? stay with the drop-in to save some money

Old 03-25-2008, 10:28 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah? Ya think? I mean, I personally didn't mind it until my brother bashed on it lol. He's my twin, so when he bashes it, it ****s with my head. Didn't help it was missing the tailgate piece, so I think that may have messed with him as well. I have to wait till Friday to get the other piece on. IT's always my luck that **** doesn't work the first time lol. He was like well we got the wrong tailgate piece, and I was like yup. Completely sapped the fun of the liner[8D]

Old 03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Dude......hes got a Ford, nuff said

Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Uh, guys... Sure, linex and such is real nice, if and when I get a truck that is def. what I will get, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with drop in liners! They have been using those alot longer than spray in... We had to pull up my uncle's liner on his 96 that he had put in a week after he bought the truck (new), and the bed looked perfect!

Quick Reply: duraliner drop in?