2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

duraliner drop in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:47 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: duraliner drop in?

I checked and mine is an Allstar too. What exactly is wrong with it? Mine looks fine to me. I however do have the cover so you don't see it most of the time.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:55 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.durakon.com/go.aspx?WID=P...s&sm=c52.0

You sure Duraliner and Allstar aren't made by the same company? Looks like they are just different lines of products from that company to me. BTW I could see the under the trail one looking a little odd if thats the one you got. Post up some pics of what you have.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, turns out Allstar is made from Duraliner. I'm not sure though, it just seemed a little odd to me. He wouldn't give me my money back though, he just said I could exchange it. So I asked him what his best liner was. I went with the SJK (correct me on the brand name). IT's their top of the line one (no pun intended lol, yeah i know corny). It has the skid protectant, and the skid protectant underneath as well so do it doesn't move around as much on your paint. Also is extra thick. So if I'm doing the liner, just wanted the best one I could get. Was only $30 more so I just had them take the Allstar out , and the liner should be here Friday.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
gotmud1

my duraliner drives me nuts its got rocks under neath of it and im afraid to look at it. i just know theres gonna be rust under there. everytime i hit a bump i can here the liner bouncing and the rocks shaking under it.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Basically liners or sprays come down to this...preference!

Some like liners and some don't...can't we all agree to disagree?

My thoughts...if anyone cares...I can't stand liners. They look cheap to me and I have see way to many ruined bed once the liner is lifted or removed. That just my thoughts. I have a spray in, original owner did it, but I'm not sure which brand it is. It is not linex...too soft...might be rhino. Looks good to me, bed is sprayed over the shoulder and they the completed lower half od the truck is sprayed. That was done so when rocks shoot up or branches or whatever my truck is protect.

I know I know...I need to post pics sometime.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

lol well ya see, you didn't have to pay for a spray in!

I do have my door jams and rocker panels chipguarded, and 8 inches of chip guard around the entire perimeter of my truck, and it is painted over with the truck's black paint. I love it because nothing can rust or chip. I just can't afford linex right now. I take care of my truck with practically OCD lol, so I'm not worried about rust. This one is supposed to look really nice too. I mean how often does a man see another man's bed anyways right? I do alot of construction in the summer, so I just wanted something nice to protect my bed from dents and to spruce it up back there, so should work out good

Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

$25 at the junkyard fora factory dodge one

Quick Reply: duraliner drop in?