2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Track bar and death wobbles...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:45 PM
SumpinSerious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar and death wobbles...

I have a 98 1500 4x4 with 4inch susp lift and 2 inch body lift,2006 i had the death wobble and took it to the shop and paid 2300.00 to replace my tie rods, power steering, brake roters, stabilizer shock and my wheel barings.They said it was because i was running 38 tsl superswampers on it. Well i bought 35inch radials while i was there and it seemed to go away until about may of last year when it came back, fortuneitly ive been going to school for my ase cert, and figured out my wheel barrings where bad again and so was my stabilizer shock. i replaced, and went away... now back again. the wheel barrings are fine this time but my stabilizer is bad. so here are the questions
1. track bar, if its a likely cause of the death wobble and how do i tell if it is the cause of the problem and how do i fix it.
2.How and where do i find duel shock stabilizers for my front end cuz i dont do any serious off roading other then mudding on holidays
3. and generic question wats the best route for a road/mud rig, coil over shocks in the front or leaf springs?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Track bar and death wobbles...

welcome to DF...

DW is best delt with by changing the caster and adding more into it... toss the spec and have the alignment guy put in as much as he can. I had 2 bad tracbars in 40k miles and when I 1st got my 2000 it had DW... aligned it as I mentioned and never had DW again. one difference however is I only had 34" tires.

Quick Reply: Track bar and death wobbles...