2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FASTMAN TB Dilemma!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:13 AM
HammerNailKid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FASTMAN TB Dilemma!!!!

OK guys,
I know a ton of you have fastman tb's on your trucks. I just put mine on late last night along with a new round mopar air cleaner. Cranked it up and when I hit the gas my rpms jumped to 2000 and stuck there. Any ideas???? Sounds like TB is stuck open, but i dont really have a clue.

Thanks,

Old 03-22-2008, 02:17 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: FASTMAN TB Dilemma!!!!

My guess is the throttle cable is sticking. Check all the clips that attach it for binding. Maybe IAC motor is shot? Gotta be something right there on the TB since it worked before, right?

Old 03-22-2008, 03:37 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Make sure the cables didn't get caught on each other or on something when you were reinstalling the TB. I just put mine on tonight, and the TV cable tried to get caught on the air tube from my CAI. Moved the routing of the tube slightly, and everything was fine.

EDIT: By the way, I have only comment on the pickup after the Fastman TB install...

Wow.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:48 AM
HammerNailKid

Thanks,
I'm getting ready to go check it out now. I'll let you know what the problem was. I'm ready to test this thing out!!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a picture of how the cables should run. Make sure the throttle cable is going under the cam as shown.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/237F6E6F65A946369163382861EBA65C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-22-2008, 01:04 PM
HammerNailKid

UPDATE......Problem solved
Not sure there actually was a problem other than we (the truck and I) were just tired since I didnt finish the install until 1am. Anyway, I'm guessin the pcm was just getting used to it. Checked everything this morning, including the cables, and it's runnin like a charm. The response is awesome. And, like everybody else says, I can't wait until the pcm fully adjusts!!!

Thanks again for all the input,

Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 PM
levikx184

okay so I am wondering what a Fastman TB is actually? I have been wondering what these things do for a while now so I guess I'll ask now... what is it?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

Dan Arkand "aka The Fastman" takes stock throttle bodies and uses a computer controlled milling machine to upgrade them. He removes excess aluminum from areas where turbulence is caused and cuts the throttle bores to either 50 or 53 mm in size. Stock throttle bodies are have a tapered throttle bore from top to bottom. He also machines new throttle plates and new throttle plate brackets and screws. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but his throttle bodies have a much better air flow than a stock throttle body.

Some people have mentioned that they could do the same thing with a hand grinder, but a person could never match the precision that his computer controlled milling machine does.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter1962

Some people have mentioned that they could do the same thing with a hand grinder, but a person could never match the precision that his computer controlled milling machine does.
Hand grinder???

Man thats a scary thought...

Old 03-22-2008, 04:44 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah really scary .......this fastman tb is great plain and simple i love mine and will love it more once the plenum is fixed soon i promise its great that lots of us are doin similar mods to date or even same mods lots of plenums and tbs goin into our trucks right now its great............j ps hey siver thtas what i forgot to do and wondered y my gas pedal wouldnt work dumb mistake but got it right .........

Quick Reply: FASTMAN TB Dilemma!!!!