2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust video with the headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
TheForce55555
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust video with the headers

Great sound bro, thats the exact sound im looking for, i forget, thats a complete custom setup you have right? with the super 44s. and how do you pass inspection with the gutted cat
Unless the guy at the garage has X-ray vision, he won't be able to tell if the cat is gutted

Old 03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sirhilton17

Dont baby the truck... it wont help nothing. beat it into the ground.

Was it the headers that made it so raspy? or moreso the gutted cat?

It sounds good, its just not my style... too raspy... Im only saying this becasuse im debating about my new exhasut.
Defiantly the gutted cat was the culprate of the rasp. Before I gutted the cat, and got the longtube headers, the truck was very loud, but it wasn't nearly as raspy. Once I had the cat gutted, and then the headers installed, it just kept getting crazier and crazier lol.

As for inspections, I don't really get bothered, and this is a really yuppy area I live in. I live near Portland, but I live in the yuppy town around it. But nobody says anything lol. I swear, that stupid little neon I had caused so much attention, cops would pull me over all the time. This truck is 10 times more loud and dangerous, and the cops just pretend they don't even see me. I know alot of great guys though who will slap stickers on for me, they just don't care. They see a big truck, and it just kind of fits its whole persona ya know?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mowhawk

Great sound bro, thats the exact sound im looking for, i forget, thats a complete custom setup you have right? with the super 44s. and how do you pass inspection with the gutted cat
But yes, it is a completely custom set-up. The guy who did the original catback system did such a great job. Every mechanic that works on the truck always comments how well he did the system, it's solid as a rock. It's quite the system now though, I love it. Got the big shiny longtube headers that come down, and then the big 3" y-pipe that connects into it, and then the gutted cat goes after the y-pipe, and then the 3" flex pipe, and then the flowmaster super 44 muffler that has pipes exiting out each rear tire with the 4"x22" tips. I love exhaust, it's one of my favorite things about vehicles lol. I can't wait to get an intake kit and that fastman though, then I'll really be able to maximize results with the headers. I was looking under the truck yesterday and it looks really cool. The headers come down, and then right between each collector, the big giant blue transmission is there, and then the big transmission pan sits there too. Trucks frame is immaculate too, I don't know why it looks so new under there. Anyway I'm getting on a rant, I just love exhaust[8D]

Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Sick man, i have to say that exhaust is on my top favorite too, cant beat a nice roar going down the road, screw those little guys haha. Im def. switching my gibson exhaust for that super 44 or super 40, not really sure with one, but either way im going to gut my cat, but doesnt that pose a sensor error, or emissions

forgot anyone know a good way to gut the cat, ive had friends tell me that you can just smash it up with a screwdriver then blow it out, but idk seems kinda simple

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

here we go again....

Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

here we go again....
You got that right indy...1 good thing about this the last time he was making the videos i had a bet how long the tran will last , i won that 50 dollar bet...

Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Would you guys just shut the hell and stop being such girls? I'm revving my truck, stop being pussies. I know how to take care of a vehicle, just look at my truck, it sounds and looks the way it does, because I care about it. Why the **** would I try to destroy a transmission that I PAID 4,000 DOLLARS FOR? Get off your high horses, and stop trying to sap the fun. Why do you always have to post something negative? Such a douche bag thing to do. I guess you guys get your high off picking on me for no reason, find something better to do..

Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

Would you guys just shut the hell and stop being such girls? I'm revving my truck, stop being pussies. I know how to take care of a vehicle, just look at my truck, it sounds and looks the way it does, because I care about it. Why the **** would I try to destroy a transmission that I PAID 4,000 DOLLARS FOR? Get off your high horses, and stop trying to sap the fun. Why do you always have to post something negative? Such a douche bag thing to do. I guess you guys get your high off picking on me for no reason, find something better to do..
lol.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:27 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

LOL.... hmmmmm. give ya 6 months.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Ohh...Ok, I got it. Because let me see here....I mean, I'm never an ******* to anyone here on this forum. I'm never an ******* to you guys on your threads..this thread was about exhaust, yet you both have come on it and said nothing about the exhaust itself, and just trash on me.

With that said, I guess there's really only one reason why one would do that. I'll leave that up to you two guys to figure out because I am not waisting my time with this.

Quick Reply: Exhaust video with the headers