2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HIDs IN MY RAM

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HIDs IN MY RAM

I'm thinking the bi-xenon kits are for the regular rams. Guys with sports would have to buy two seperate kits for the headlights seeing we have two different headlamps. The bi-xenon would share a lowbeam and a highbeam in the same bulb. To me, you probably aren't even going to need highbeams with just the HIDs in the lowbeams. Do you have foglights? I think the combo of foglights and lowbeams with HID kits would be plently of light. I do plan to do the highbeams at some point, but I'm also not going to rush into putting them either.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup bi xenon kits have the hi and low beam in one bulb.

BTW 01DodgeRam360 make sure you post up some pictures of your front windows tinted 5% when you get it done. I thought seriously about having mine done but decided I didn't want a ticket and I've heard of people's insurance not covering them if they are in an accident with dark tint like that. I really think it looks good though it's just those two things worried me so I didn't do it.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
laxkid1227

yeah def worth it...I gota set in my 2001 black 1500... Great for on the trails too.... I have 6000ks and i wouldnt go higher then that... I had to make a mod to the HIDs to work with my ram though... i had them in my stratus and when i moved them over they wouldnt turn on...i just had a wire run to a relay and then to theheadlight switchto generate enough power for the HID ballast to turn on....

Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 PM
tresvatos
Professional
Default HIDs in ebay projectors..Please give input

I have the eBay headlights and they look really good. I got some H1 bulbs in real HID/ xenon, and they look great, but the
cutoff line is keeping the beam too far down on the road. The beam needs to come up. I am thinking if I disassemble
the eBay projector and trim the shield, or take it out, will that produce a brighter bigger beam?

I live in Mississippi, so the Law enforcement here is not so much worried about HID lights as they are people
with no headlights at all, if you know what I mean.

I would just like to get what I can from the eBay projectors with HID bulbs and ballast, without spending a bunch on a retro. If you have any
helpful ideas on how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: HIDs IN MY RAM