2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WOT a/f timing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM
DGarmon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT a/f timing?

Good Morning, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the Stock WOT a/f timing is for a 2001 Ram Quad cab 5.2 is? I recently purchased an SCT programmer and they are needing the Stock WOT a/f timing so they change make a few changes to a few things. If not is there away to find out. Thanks

Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Default RE: WOT a/f timing?

ratio?

Old 03-27-2008, 03:27 PM
DGarmon

Are you asking for my Ratio and asking if that is what I'm needing? The SCT dealer which I bought my SCT programmer is trying to change the timing at idle but needs to know what the Stock Timing is so he can change it, which I'm not sure what it is. The main reason for this is because when I do WOT there is an 1 to 2 second delay before it kits in and he said he should be able to fix it if the WOT a/f timing was changed a little.

Thanks

Derek

Old 03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

On mine, wot fuel was 13ms. Our pcm's operate with a narrowband o2 sensor, so you they don't really use a/f ratio perse. At wot, you tune the spray (injector pulsewidth). Timing is based on a set ofmaps that use several diferent variables, i.e. RPM, IAT, ECT, calculated load, etc., to determine what the timing advance is at any given moment. Stock, my wot timing was in the 25* advanced range after ~2k rpm's. Who did you buy the SCT from?. If your pcm # is in the software (which it should be) then they can pull all the stock maps up and look at them. I'll send you a pm with an email address for a guy who will write you a tune.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DGarmon

Are you asking for my Ratio and asking if that is what I'm needing? The SCT dealer which I bought my SCT programmer is trying to change the timing at idle but needs to know what the Stock Timing is so he can change it, which I'm not sure what it is. The main reason for this is because when I do WOT there is an 1 to 2 second delay before it kits in and he said he should be able to fix it if the WOT a/f timing was changed a little.

Thanks

Derek
It's a problem with the fuel timer not writing correctly. I was told that SCT would have a look at it after the Hemi craze calmed down. Apparently they just came out with the 5.7/6.1 software and are working the kinks out of that. I have another box to use in the mean time. What is the p/n on your box?

Old 03-27-2008, 03:48 PM
DGarmon

I bought my SCT from Sean " hemifever" and he has to be the best support person I have ever dealt with. He was awesome to buy from and the support is TOP Notch and I've been really enjoying the programmer ,1000 times better then my Hypertech I was using. The thing is for some reason SCT locked the part with access the Stock timing table for the WOT timing and he needs this to make the change to14 degree's timing and he can change it if he has the Stock data. I asked him the other day and this is what he's asking for.
Thanks

Derek.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM
DGarmon

Here is my P/N # 56028544AB

Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I agree, Sean is top notch all of the way. He helped me out alot. If he has not changed your timing, then it should still be what it was stock? If so, you could get a cheap scanner and record what the timing is at different rpm intervals. Another thing you could do is get him to give you the part # for a box that he has tuned without issue, and try to find one used.I got one for $50. If you go that route, you will have to get someone to write your vin into it.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:19 PM
DGarmon

Do you what kind and\or brand I would need to get if I decide to go the scanner route?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I bought an Equus Innova off of ebay for around $100 IIRC. Just make sure what you buy will comm w/ ISO 9141 and you'll be alright

Quick Reply: WOT a/f timing?