2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel filter add-on kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 09:29 PM
granpa49
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel filter add-on kit

My 1992 ram 3.9 v6 does not have an external fuel filter. Apparently, it is built into the fuel pump and is in the tank. I have had clogged fuel injector problems that make me believe the filter is not doing its job. Is there an add-on filter kit for this truck? I believe the pressure is too high for the run-of-the-mill filter with rubber hoses. It would have to have compression type fittings and it would be installed inline between the tank and the engine. It would require cutting the steel line to make a place for it.

Parts catalogs show an inline filter for this truck. Chilton's shows the location next to the crossover on the left side of the frame. However on my truck there is no filter there. Some websites give two responses, one the external filter that bolts on to the frame and the other part is a pump unit. It would be good to hear from someone who has been there - done that.

Quick Reply: fuel filter add-on kit