2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OD Slip

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Blylock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OD Slip

I notice, especially on the highway, and when cruise is on, that my tranny is slipping. Ususally on the highway im riding 2200rpms or so, but downhill and on bumps it jumps to 3500 or so then gradually goes back to normal. Sometimes i hit the gas when cruising and my rpms go up over 3k immediately, but if i feather the gas it will eventually hold in gear. Also its more frequent in hotter weather and almost not existant in the winter. The dealer says theres nothing wroing with it, its been there 3 times.

1998 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4
5.9l
86k miles

Old 01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
mardela
Rookie
Default RE: OD Slip

I'm having a similiar problem. Only in cruise, at highway speeds the rpm's jump a couple hundreds from time to time. I'm going to take it back to the shop since it didn't do this before the rebuild. Seems like the lock up is kicking out. Could be a solenoid, trans temp, pcm. I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 PM
EVOlutionary
Default RE: OD Slip

Mardela, please keep us posted!! My truck ('99 w/318) has done this off and on since new. Once I had the computer reflashed at the dealer and it stopped for awhile, but then came back. I have lived with it for 94,000 miles, but today it nearly drove me nuts! Let us know what your dealer says. Thanks,

EVOlutionary

Quick Reply: OD Slip