2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vacuum System

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM
neattouch648
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum System

Ok guys, i was curious if anyone has the blue-prints for the vacuum system on a 2000 ram 1500,
my entire system is being retarded, in order to get it out of 4x4, i have to get under the truck and un plug the vacuum hoses and switch them (that works well) lol so now i'm looking to see where all the vacuum lines go so i can replace some of them.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Ramsrush
Professional
Default RE: Vacuum System

Should be a diagram under the hood.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
neattouch648
Professional

there is a diagram under the hood, but it doesn't cover any of the 4x4 vacuum lines thats the problem but thanks anyway!
i'm going to keep looking! lol pain in the ***, the lines that are there are so brittle, (since the weather is so dry in far west texas) and from what i can see they go into one of those plastic cable protectors, i wanna replace them without having to squeeze up in there to remove them from the plastic

Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had to replace a bunch of my evap system hoses. It was somewhat of a PITA. However, I did notice that a lot of what was under that plastic sheath stuff was a plastic tube - not rubber hose. Might not be the same for the 4x4 vacuum lines.

Anyway - if you do get new hoses, I would make sure to get fuel/emmisions rated hose. Also, do yourself a favor and get some water based lube (like KY or something). [:-] You might be laughing - but it will make the hoses hella easier to put onto those damn plastic nipples, and since it's water based it won't destory your rubber tubing. It's well worth it to prevent breaking those damn things.

Good luck!
Cartman

Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
neattouch648
Professional

alright, there are two hoses that connect the CAD device in the front axle to "somewhere" in the truck. One has a vacuum when the truck is in 2wd and the other has vacuum when the truck is in 4wd, now i follow the brittle plastic tubes from the CAD and they meet metal pre-bent tubing that follows the frame then the cross-member and goes up somewhere into the truck near the transfer case, my question is, where does it go? i'm not getting any shift in vacuum from one hose to the other when i take the truck out of four wheel drive and because of this my CAD is not disengaging the front axle. where is the valve or whatever it is that controls the vacuum for the CAD? thats what i need to get to and see if the vacuum hose or whatever it is that controls that is broken.

Quick Reply: Vacuum System