2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What did you learn today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:39 AM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you learn today?

LOL! Ok, here's another one. We have one of those two stroke gasoline power cutters that swing a 14" blade.Stick a metal-cutting blade on it and send a newbie to go cut lots of steel. They will always catch themselves on fire from the sparks, and the especially funny ones will actually look arond for the source of the smoke not thinking it's their leg!

Old 04-05-2008, 01:29 PM
tresvn
Veteran

I learned that the k&n airfilter that came with my truck prob. isn't a k&n . saw the same one on the $14.99 shelf at autozone. I really don't know much about my truck yet but i know that mine looks exactly like the one on the shelf. thank god i'm getting rid of the whole setup soon

Old 04-05-2008, 10:01 PM
wvjefo
Professional

I learned PB Blaster is just a great as yo'all say it is. Also learned how to switch out an O2 sensor. soaking in PB for an hour the sensor can right out. Good Stuff.

Work Story. I move freight International.

Customer calls " When will I get my goods from China?
Answer " Well it left 3 days ago so about three weeks"
Customer " A Month !!!!!! A Month !!!!"
Answer " Well sir your goods a literally on a slow boat from China"
Customer " YOU PUT MY GOODS ON A SLOW BOAT?????!!!!!

Sir it is a boat they are ALL slow.

Jeff

Old 04-05-2008, 11:59 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Not to mention he probably paid a few dollars for shipping and thinks he should get top rated service for those few bucks.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 AM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I learned to check your tire pressure after getting tires installed. Why do they think that 32psi on 10ply load range E tires is a good thing? It felt like i was on ice at one point. Put 60psi in the front and 55psi in the back, then check to see if i like that after a week.

Also learned that 2 loads of mulch from the town transfer station is a real bi+ch to load in the truck without help. ugh. going to get more today.

A couple of days ago, also figured out that R/C motor cleaner is a great way to fix the power seat switch on my RAM seat.

I also taught my 14yr old some basic auto maint on my truck and the lawnmower (his ride).

Old 04-06-2008, 09:08 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain

My dad has a 78 GMC Sierra. The truck came with a staight 6, but the guy we bought it from dropped a 400 sb in front of the original (high gear ratio) tranny. My mom went to the land fill for a load of mulch. They loaded her down with as much as she wanted, and the rearend was so low, the front end loader had to pick the bumper up with his bucket and pull the spare off 'cause it was dragging.... Make it home though!*groans as he remembers the sore back*

Quick Reply: What did you learn today?