2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What did you learn today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:06 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you learn today?

I grew up hearing ,"You learn something new every day." Well, I thought I'd start a thread on the crazy things life teaches us. So I'll start: Even if you're stuck on the side of the road,don't put mixed gas in your tank. It will ping like crazy and you'll think your transmission's shot....

Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What did you learn today?

I took apart a spark plug boot. Turns out the wire in the middle is not soldered to the metal clip, it is just folded over against itself, then theclip crimps on.

Cell phones are turning guys into women, always having to talk to someone. I once say a guy whip out his phone and ask about a can of peas. His cell phone was keeping him from making a decision on his own. In my world, men make decisions, and live with the consequences. When I buy a vechicle, I never look at another price after the purchase( I shop like crazybefore). I make a decision and live with it.

If you are dating, NEVER take your phone into the restaurant. If you answer your phone on a date, you are showing them who is the most important at that time-the other person.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM
1996Ram318
All Star

I learned that given the chance, Fed-Ex fright will have their way with you, and not even kiss you when they`re done.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just say NO to "girly men"

Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

I installed and in-line tranny filter on a Ford bronco.......I guess I learned something new

I also learned not to trust your friends when it comes to your truck, my truck was parked at school, and they turned my ladder racks around so that the part that goes over the cab was sticking out the back. I was reallly pissed because they lost all the FUKIN bolts in the process and you have to pull the taillights to get the new bolts back in.[:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

i learned that i still love whiskey~!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 PM
CoastieJack
Rookie

I didn't learn this today but it's kinda cool, and although it has nothing to do with dodges, thought y'all would be interested:

There's an arrow between the "e" and "x". Creative, huh?

Old 04-05-2008, 02:00 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Every day I go to work I learn how ignorant people are and/or how stupid some people can be.

"Windows? Whats that? Is that like Office?"
(You know its going to be a bad day in computer sales when you start the day out with that question.)
"I need ink for my printer." "What printer do you have?" "I don't know, does that matter?"
(You wouldn't believe how many times a week I get that question and the conversation starts out EXACTLY like that.)
"What do you mean my $450 eMachine won't play Call of Duty 4?!?!?"
(Get that one a lot too...)
"Why don't I get a five year warranty for free? I mean, I'm paying $450 for this eMachine! I should get service for that much money!"
(He was so angry at me over that that I almost laughed in his face.)
"I've never seen viruses on my computer before, I don't need antivirus."
(I almost laughed in that guy's face too.)

My personal favorite from the beginning of this year...

Customer: "I'm not so sure that this Vista is a good thing... why can't I run my current Quicken 2002 on it?"
Me: "Its not compatible because Vista is brand new, where as Quicken 2002 was designed to run on XP."
Customer: "So why can't I run my Quicken on this new machine?"
Me: "It won't work, Vista won't let you. And Quicken is only good for one machine anyway, so you couldn't install a working copy even if it was compatible."
Customer: "Well you haven't convinced me I need this Vista. They just stopped supporting Windows 98 six months ago, they'll continue to support XP for several years to come."
Me: "No ma'am, they won't."
Customer: "You just lost your sale!!!" *walks away*

They stopped supporting Windows 98 over two years ago, so she was full of sh**, and, at the time of that "conversation", they had announced they were stopping support for XP on April 14, 2009. Yes, I know, I am a nerd.

Sorry, bad day at work.

I know there are worse jobs out there dealing with worse people, just needed to vent a tad. Thanks for reading.
[sm=rant.gif]

Old 04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Silver1500
Professional

I learned that the 4 piston front brake calipers on a 1975 corvette are a HUGE pita.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 AM
timsalas
Veteran

CoastieJack, Ive never noticed that before! thats cool, its like that picture of a candle, or two people looking at each other ;-)

Quick Reply: What did you learn today?