2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm so tired of fuel check this out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:50 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm so tired of fuel check this out...

ORIGINAL: Shawn86

I got this in an e-mail just now. With the gas prices out here at $3.75 a gallon, and a 26 gallon tank, I'm just under $100 to fill. And It lasts me maybe a week. I'm so over it. Thats an average annual fuel cost of $4800, what happened to the $1446 my build sheet claims. That means gas prices have gone from around 1.15 to 3.75 in seven years, ahhhh!

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU

HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired
of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer,
take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!It's worth your consideration.Join the resistance!!!!I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!!

Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt'
ourselves by refusing to buy gas. it was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my town.
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we
can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.& nbsp; But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY
gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and
MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at east ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all!

If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am so trust me on this one.How long would all that take? If each of us send s this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!

Keep it going!!!

Can you email me a copy of the letter so I can send it out? I will pm you my email address. I hate freakin exxon anyway.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:01 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Did you get that off FACEBOOK, because there is a group on there that has the same exact theory word for word

Old 04-05-2008, 08:46 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

A big reason for high gas prices in europe is their refinement system. They use a hydrocracking process which produces a more equal distribution of gasoline and diesel (which is logical because about 45% of their cars are diesel;march car and driver I believe is where I got that persentage).Diesel prices are usuially cheeper than gas prices as a result. In the US uses a catalytic cracking process which produces approx 50% gasoline and 15% diesel.(other byproducts make the other 35%) Thats why our diesel prices are disproportianatly (cant spell to save my life sorry) higher, when compaired with the rest of the world. $9 a gal is much higher than ours but thats not something were going to have to worry about any time soon, you can thank the type of refinement we use for a lot of that.

That chain letter makes sense economicly speeking, and I do support it. Dont boycot sunoco as it is an american company that uses a majority of american oil. Id rather not use exxon as an example namely because I have their stock. Dont buy lukoil eithe, they are russian

Old 04-05-2008, 09:49 PM
wvjefo
Professional

E 85 is made from Corn. They are trying to make it from plant waste like the stalk of the corn but they are not there yet. So if we changed over to Total E 85 we would starve.

Also we don't get that much oil from Saudi Arabia & the rest of the middle east. We get it mainly from Canada, Venezuela & Mexico & some of ours.

Jeff

Old 04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
davmelrach
Rookie

These chain letters saying dont buy gas from Exxon or whoever are so ignorant! Let me let you in on a little secret. The only way we are going to impact oil companies is to not use so much oil. We use gas to the tune of 83 million gallons, ready for this, PER DAY! Guess what....stop buying gas from exxon or whoever, there isn't enough gas refined by the other 4 to even begin to supply demand. Again stop using gas via SUVs and gas hogs and you will have an impact, otherwise you will continue to pay, so either drive a gas efficient auto or quit crying.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: wvjefo

E 85 is made from Corn. They are trying to make it from plant waste like the stalk of the corn but they are not there yet. So if we changed over to Total E 85 we would starve.

Also we don't get that much oil from Saudi Arabia & the rest of the middle east. We get it mainly from Canada, Venezuela & Mexico & some of ours.

Jeff
every year the government buys a massive surplus of corn from the farmers so they dont go bust. They dont need to make it from waste yet. necessity will bring aboutchange. once that surplus doesnt exist and e85production taps intoother corn sales they will start looking into that.

I dont know the exact persentageof oil we get fromthe middle east, but reguardless...we buy85% of the middle easts oil. I fully support buying oil from other western hemisphereic countrys. It helps to further theprospect pf FTAA. The sooner we combine the americas into an economic union the better off we will be competing with the rest of the world. Theres already the EU, the middle east is considering such aunion as well, and its just a matter of time before the orient creatssomething similar.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:23 PM
lizardhunt

None of these schemes work.

If you want to make some head way, get the voted reps to stop taking "contributions" and make the oil companies actually pay for what they have done the economy.

This is not rocket science but evidently the "experts" like to make it seem like it is. I have heard battle back and forth as to start or don't start regulation on products to help us "the poor fools" taking it in the tailpipe by one industry and our own voted in officials.

We only need to have our government regulate the price of fuel. This in turn will stop the $124,000,000,000 profits (the amount made after bonuses, wages, expenses, "donations" etc.) that the top five oil companies made and lower the price of everything else in the country.

All items require transportation costs...lower those costs and the prices go down, businesses start making more money vs. spending more for getting the same product out. Consumers save on travel and prices at the registers. Thsis means more money in the pocket, and more in the pocket means more spending. For us...more cool accessories for our trucks!!!!!!!!!!

Just think, we actually pay "experts" massive amounts of money and listen to them haggle back and forth on how to solve economical problems and you never hear on this one issue that could help.

Why would that be????

Old 04-06-2008, 12:02 AM
cdusthockey
Veteran

only shop at BP or Tesero, at least that way i know im getting my oil from AK

Old 04-06-2008, 12:34 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080405/iran_opec.html?.v=2

Heres something i found on drudge report tonight. take a look and smile. looks to me that we will be buying oil through more middle men.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:05 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: lizardhunt

We only need to have our government regulate the price of fuel.
Government regulating prices does not work. They tried that during WWII for steel, I believe it was. Worked great at first for a few years, but then after WWII, suddenly no one could afford to produce steel anymore in the U.S. Once the regulation was lifted, everything was fine again. You can't control prices, the economy cannot be predicted accurately. The prices must go with it, otherwise you can't compete (unless the entire economy is somewhat controlled).

The point of starting a business is to make a profit. Are they gouging us? Sure they are. Its our responsibility as consumers to do something about it then.

Calling for the government to regulate it is stupid and the lazy way out, you'll just end up wrecking it and our businesses won't be able to compete with the world. Its called a capitalist system of economy, not a government controlled economy.

Quick Reply: I'm so tired of fuel check this out...