2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Drag racing clip and timeslips!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drag racing clip and timeslips!

It was meant for motivational purposes, just want you to know it takes a lot of time and money and headaches to make these trucks fast.

I wish you the best of luck.
I retract my **** comment.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Boardingkaos

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

It was meant for motivational purposes, just want you to know it takes a lot of time and money and headaches to make these trucks fast.

I wish you the best of luck.
All is forgiven, I know how it is, that was actually great motivation haha. I used to run a high 12 second turbocharged saturn so im pretty used to it.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

Ive raced a 2006 grand prix with a 3.8 and I pulled about 2 lengths untill aorund 70 when it slowly caught up... never passed. I have the same engine practically stock... exhuast, hypertech does practically nothing + the weight of 4x4 and 3.55's.
I'm not buyin that. Your 5600lb, 220hp truck beat a 3500lb, 200hp car. Something doesn't add up there. And 5600lbs seems a little north for the weight of your truck. I say either your truck isn't that heavy or the driver of the GP was takin a nap and had 3 friends in their car.
Nope, completly not lieing...

I dont claim my truck to be a hot rod.. its not, its a truck and that what I bought it for... but ill race anything with a motor, thats just me...

Yes, there was 3 people in the grand prix, but there was also 3 people in my truck.
As far as I know the previous owner dident do anything to it, but if they did it is internal in the engine... of all the trucks I test drove mine stood out alot.

I raced my firneds 95 chevy silverado 1500 with a 5.7 the other day and pulled 3-4 truck lengths, not kidding... but someone told me the 95 is TBI and they were slow then... so thats probably why.

5.2's got 230hp in 97 I think. But HP really doesnt mean squat... its tourqe that really gets you going, and where it makes it.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

The more I read these race posts.. the more I wish I had a 2wd short bed...

Quick Reply: Drag racing clip and timeslips!