2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Limo Tint + New Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Limo Tint + New Lug Nuts

In Maine, a truck can have as dark as you want in the rear. The front needs to be 50%. However, I like to take the risk. I just love having the privacy, and the look of dark tint. Just gives a vehicle that extra custom edge, and makes the truck mysterious lol. Now if I get into a street race and we have to stop at a light, they won't see my mug beak sticking through the window, and I can continue to play the mysterious card. Then the big black loud truck goes burning by, ahh love it

Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Yep, looks good man. I've got to get my front two windows done myself. I'm thinking either 20% to match the rear, or go 5%. We'll see..

Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha yeah I'd really like to have my front windows at 5% to match my rears that are 5% over the factory tint the only problem is the fact I've heard of peoples insurance not covering them when they get in a wreck because of dark tint. That worries me more than the tickets although the tickets don't appeal to me either. If I decide to do it I will have to check with my insurance company before I do. Have you checked with yours to make sure they will still cover you?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Haha yeah I'd really like to have my front windows at 5% to match my rears that are 5% over the factory tint the only problem is the fact I've heard of peoples insurance not covering them when they get in a wreck because of dark tint. That worries me more than the tickets although the tickets don't appeal to me either. If I decide to do it I will have to check with my insurance company before I do. Have you checked with yours to make sure they will still cover you?
Man, that's a good point. I've never thought about it, or heard anyone else mention it. I haven't ever checked, but I may have to. I love the way 5% looks, but it really does mess with your visibility at night. That's the main reason I've been leaning toward 20% though. The legal limit here is 35%, so 20% doesn't look too dark to the average passer by, but 5% is just really dark. Thanks for bringing that up though man, I'll have to check into it before I decide on anything.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Shhh I don't like to talk about that

But no, they do not cover. But, in the act of a car accident, the best thing you could ever hope for is to roll them damn windows down. Sometimes stupid **** like that goes unoticed a well. As an owner of dark tint, your naturally paranoid, but I don't think the average person is as conscious of it...or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better, either way, I love the stuff. Of course my dumb friend asked me in front of my parents ,"How the tint was"? My dad looked at me, and was like, you stupid ****ing retard. How much did that cost you? He was pissed I spent the money on tint and not towards the loan. I already have Aprils loan ready to be paid, but still, probably stupid I'm buying all this other crap, it's a disease. But I'm pissed my parents know now, they probably wouldn't have ever picked up on it, but now they will lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah the tickets are one thing but if I get in a wreck I was insurace to cover me. No point paying monthly if it's for nothing. Thats my biggest issue with dark tint.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

This is true. It's something to think about. As I said, it could be something that may go under the radar. I would bet the average driver doesn't even know insurance can affect insurance coverage. I'm sure if a cop was on the scene they may take you up on that or take note the vehicle had dark tint, but if its just you and the driver, roll them windows down, exchange info, and get the hell out of there and take that damn tint off the vehicle ASAP

Old 04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

If I get in a wreck I'm calling the cops so we have records of it incase they come back trying to sue later. There are also a lot of times in wrecks that the windows wont roll down anymore.Or when the adjuster comes too look at it a week later you have a problem. I like dark tint but idk if it's worth it.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Silver1500
Professional

I have 5% tint too, I love it but you gotta watch. Backing up at night is impossible unless you roll them down and everytime I see a cop I try to roll them down...
Already paid a $108.00 fine here in PA.... Oh and if/when you get pulled over for tint ask the officer if you can take it off right then and there with him watching and see if you can avoid the fine. The cop that got me said if i took it off and came and showed him within 10 days i didnt have to pay the fine. He lied. So I brought the truck home the same day and slapped some more 5% tint on there....

Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

lol well thanks for the tip, I will try that in the event I get pulled over, I'll just do my best to try to avoid it to begin with though. Love the privacy I get again though, everyone stares at the truck, and the mystery man just goes by and there like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quick Reply: Limo Tint + New Lug Nuts