2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Limo Tint + New Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Limo Tint + New Lug Nuts

You didn't happen to find out what % the tint was did you?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, he's saying it's 5%. So, I'm not sure what they gave you, but that stuff should pretty much be impenetrable at almost any angle ya know?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Aight thanks. Does your rear sides and rear window look the same darkness from the inside? They keep insisting it's 5% on both my rear sides and rear window and that it looks lighter because often the rear window has a lighter factory tint to them. You can still see through my rear window looking from the rear if you look straight on and the sun is shining in the windshield. I don't know that I'd be able to make out who was in the truck but you can atleast see the outline of them if not more. This only seems to be the case when the sun is shining through the windshield. I've about decided it's the best I'm going to get without having another layer of 5% put over it or having the windshield tinted. You don't happen to have your windshield tinted do you?

A buddy has 2 layers of 5% on his Ranger although no factory tint and while his is harder to see through than mine if you look when the sun is hitting the windshield you can still see through it some and see the outlines of whats on the other side. Mine is a lot darker than normal factory tint but you can still see through it if the sun hits it. The sides however you can't see through at all no matter how the sun hits it unless you come cup your hands up you can barely see the seat inside the truck and you can't see out the other window at all. If I open it and look I can still see through it if the sun hits it but it's a little darker than my rear.

I wonder if they are right about the rear being tinted lighter from the factory or not. Thats why I asked if yours looks the same on the rear sides as the rear does from the inside.

I've thought about having 35% put on my windshield but I figure thats just asking for a ticket.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well, this is what I did notice. My rear three windows are slightly darker than my front two, and I think it's due to the factory tint they already had. It's all the same tint on the truck now. The rear is absolutely impenetrable, especially now since the front is limo. The front windows on my truck, you can't see anything through it, but it isn't as black as the rear. But no I don't have anything on the windshield. I didn't want to do get a strip just yet, I want to see how long I can get away with the limo first, but when I do I want to get a big strip like my brother has.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:13 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

tints screwed me over bad. on my turd exploder i had before the dodge i had 20% goin down I 75 in boonieville ga. County sheriff saw my truck, pulled me over, and took me to jail. found out the licence was suspeneded because of all the intelligent people that work in georgia drivers license department.

ill pass on the tints... but it looks good. when cops see tint they automatically assume pot.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:31 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

tints screwed me over bad. on my turd exploder i had before the dodge i had 20% goin down I 75 in boonieville ga. County sheriff saw my truck, pulled me over, and took me to jail. found out the licence was suspeneded because of all the intelligent people that work in georgia drivers license department.

ill pass on the tints... but it looks good. when cops see tint they automatically assume pot.
I've always heard that usually tinted windows have to do with drugs but I know several people that have them and aren't involved with drugs.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:34 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

yeah i know some as well, but to the cops, its a way to hide something.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:49 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

lol a cop will pull me over and he'll be like ohhh yeah i got myself a big time pot head, money in the bank! then he'll find out i dont even do drugs and he'll be like, man, what a ****ing *****, you own this truck and you dnt even smoke pot, ***!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

I've always heard that usually tinted windows have to do with drugs but I know several people that have them and aren't involved with drugs.
I think its funny that where a majority of the drugs come into the country, is where tinted windows are alloud because of the heat.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, but in reality, it really doesn't make a differance. The US allows all of these immigrants to come in, in fact, we endorse it. Cheap labor, and it's cheap labor for the jobs US citizens wouldn't do. We all know the US is a "melting pot" and we're known for our immigrants, but whatever happened to it being done the right way? In Maine, it's like lala land, but down near the border and in California, these people are rough, and they are clogging up our jails, and stealing jobs from america. Then you got that literal IQ below 70 retard Bush having us stuck in that ****ing dump in Iraq killing our soldies, weakening our military, and destroying our economy because of his special interest war. I liked Bush, and I am a conservative, but I am disgusted with the way he took advantage of all of us. I didn't think he would do that, but he sure did. His agenda was to put money in the pockets of lobbyists and special interest groups. We all knew we were attacked, and we all knew our oil was in jeopardy. If they had just wanted to go into the middle east, spend a year or two leveling the **** out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia, we wouldn't be dealing with a sinking economy, and breaching $4.00 gas prices. Bush is an *******. My own party plans to put another same old same old candidate again as well. Mccain? We get the old man, who left his dying wife for a rich Budweiser brat? His agenda will be the same as Bushs, we will be stuck in the stagnet war. I despise Hillary Clinton. And Mccain brings Bush back to the table. Obama, although incredibly inexperienced, will change SOMETHING. He can at least try to start backpeddling us out of this war. Even if he fails miserably, at least it's something different. With Mccain, you can't plan for this situation to change that we have now, you just can't. Even as a conservative, I think we all need to take a hit on our beliefs, and go with Obama. He is the only candidate left that has the ability to jumpstart our economy, and get us out of this war that has gone on 3 years too long...

Quick Reply: Limo Tint + New Lug Nuts