2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone use this exhaust system? How's it look?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM
BigDubDiesel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use this exhaust system? How's it look?

I have a 98 ram 1500 5.9 and I'm look to increase the grunt and sound if it. So I found what looks to be a good deal that I can hopefully rig up myself. What does everyone think? Anyone have any experience with these guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-11-2008, 06:41 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Default RE: Anyone use this exhaust system? How's it look?

I recently just ordered one of those for my friend. He has a Nissan Titan, so it's not exactly a Ram, but it was the same kind of set-up. They are just your basic catback system. They probably are good for 3-4 years before they rust through, but it actually sounded really good. Not nearly as loud as my truck, but I don't think he was looking for it to be too rediculous. Does it come with the tips this kit? The one I ordered for him came with the tips, muffler, piping, clamps, and hangers, for $220. Was a great price. I'd say go for it. And when you can, buy a universal magnaflow catalytic converter from summitracing.com to give it extra bark. Since you have the 5.9L, it will sound very good.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Magnumpwr16
Veteran

i was looking at that exact setup on ebay as well........really wanna know how it would sound before i get it, ive listened to sound clips online and the flowmaster 44 seems to sound the best, but really wanna hear it in my driveway

Old 04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

haven't bought form them but emailed the hell out of them and had good quick responses...that was exactly what I was looking at because of the price but too many people on this forum told me not to waste the money on a single in dual out. You will lose some performance some say!

but for the price...why not? for like $20 more they got an auction that includes nice stainless steell tips I think.

I think I will either wait or replace the headers and do a total replacement to true duals!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran

I have it. Been on my truck for about 2 years and had absolutely no problems. For the price you can't beat it.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Magnumpwr16
Veteran

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

I have it. Been on my truck for about 2 years and had absolutely no problems. For the price you can't beat it.
hey shaun, since you have it, can i ask you how much of a growl your getting with it, like at low idle and higher speeds?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Magnumpwr16

ORIGINAL: sbrunn9

hey shaun, since you have it, can i ask you how much of a growl your getting with it, like at low idle and higher speeds?
In my opinion it's the perfect amount of growl. It sounds real throaty at lower rpm's. But it's not too loud in the cab on the interstate. I can be in the basement of my house watching tv and if someone starts it up i can definitely hear it. But it's not too loud that I can't carry on a conversation with someone on the interstate or talk on my phone. And you can hear it coming from about a block away. I've heard a lot of exhausts and i'm really happy with the tone and loudness of mine.

Quick Reply: Anyone use this exhaust system? How's it look?