Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 2nd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Cheap way to make my truck faster!

2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cheap way to make my truck faster!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Ugly1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lvolson View Post
I realize you guys are dramatizing this thread a bit but 250hp if you're lucky? I've seen crate 318 engines advertised with 300hp (not sure how modified they are).
Sure 300 at the crank. Bolt that slushbox to it and slap some big cushy mudders on there and immediately subtract 100 for what you'll put to the pavement in the real world. 250hp at the tire/asphalt interface is fairly respectable for one of these things without going in to deep.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lvolson View Post
You are not really serious about only getting 250 from a TB, headers, high flow exhaust, etc., are you?
You will only have about 250 at the crank after those mods if that. These trucks are pretty well engineered for power from the factory compared to their predecessors (believe it or not). Its not like the good old days when you put an exhaust on your truck and made 50 hp because the factory stuff was so pathetic. The factory stuff on 2nd gen rams actually works pretty well. The heads and exhaust manifolds and exhaust were near the best ever (if not the best) installed in a Dodge pickup until the HEMI. Yeah these trucks are riddled with problems but in order to get any where near 300 rwhp you will need to do some serious mods (much more than bolt ons).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheap way to make my truck faster!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: