2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just ordered my fastman.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just ordered my fastman.

so in two to three weeks, I'll hopefully be able to give my review of it. After all the reviews I've read from everyone here on the boards, I had Finally decided it was time to order one up and try it for myself. If its anywhere close to what you all have claimed it to be.. I should be impressed.. Thanks to all for your help on finally making me decide to take the plunge.

I'll give an update once It arrives.

*note. this post is just a time marker from order to shipping to time of being received*

Old 04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just ordered my fastman.

oh snaps.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

I put mine on before my plenum was repaired.. so even with a defective intake.. it gave me better response..and consistant power in the mid range.. ( mine is the 52MM..) worth the money for sure. Have fun and be sure to let us know what you think... Just hope your not thinking its gonna make your truck a screamer... its a deffinite upgrade.. but it still wont let you give Indy a run for his money...

Two to three weeks??! Wow.. he must be backed up.. I got mine in7 days from order to recieve.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been wanting to order one I just haven't done it yet and not sure if I ever will get around to it or not.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

Blaydrnnnr - Im guessing 2-3 weeks, I ordered it today, so until I get a response from him, i wont know exactly how long for sure.. and I always add a little buffer time to when I should expect something.

as for the screamer, i know its not just some magic mod to make you do 0-60 in 1.4s or increase 50HP, just as long as I get a touch better response time, and some better MPG on the highway.. I'll be happy..

My truck already screams, and since I do a daily drive for work on the open highway just over 25km each way.. it's going to help me out a bit.

I usually hit about 130-140 at 1800-2100RPM daily, so if the TB does what I hope.. then I should be able to drop that down to about 1500-1900 being a little more efficient... I know.. If I just slowed down, i'd be doing the same thing..but - I drive a Dodge, which means I can't drive slow.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Blaydrnnnr
Professional

LOL... gotcha... well, I do know this.. when I get on the highway.. running around 65-75... my truck.. in OD purrs and the fastman has helped me be able to actually keep speed and even accelerate up hill on the rolling hills of Virginia.. I love it.. cant ask for more than that on a 4700 Lb lead sled...[:@]its w9rth the money for the difference it makes on a well running truck...( unless of course I can get my cam in early this year?? )

Old 04-13-2008, 10:32 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

I usually hit about 130-140 at 1800-2100RPM daily, so if the TB does what I hope.. then I should be able to drop that down to about 1500-1900 being a little more efficient... I know.. If I just slowed down, i'd be doing the same thing..but - I drive a Dodge, which means I can't drive slow.
How is going to drop your RPM, Im curious?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

more airflow at a cruising speed would require less rpms would it not?

well, maybe I could be wrong, I suppose we'll find out once I install it, and she relearns everything.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:34 AM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry []It doesn't work that way.

Enginerpm is directly proportional vehicle speed. So if 1800 rpm is what it takes to reach 65 in top gear it doesn't matter what mods you do to the engine it still gonna take 1800 rpm to reach that speed.

Now if you can make your engine more powerful or efficient you may not have to put the pedal down so hard to reach that speed.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Dan responded to my Fastman order the same day, but didn't ship it out for two weeks. I'm guessing he's running behind, probably because we're all ordering them.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my fastman.