2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:07 AM
timsalas
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This ever happen to anyone else?

Arent the owners responsible?!? Shouldnt dogs be on leash, cept for @ designated park areas? The owners should be held 100% responsable!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your neigbor's homeowners insurance will cover your loss. just tell them what happened and ask for their insurance company and policy number. call the company and file a claim for "vehicle damage caused by the insured's dogs". then follow their direction. they'll probably send out an adjuster. if you disagree with their repair estimate, then get 1-2 of your own to use in negotiation. if you are the owner of the truck, then the insurance company must issue the check to you. its your option to use the check as you wish - pay for the repair, or keep it and do it yourself.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
1996Ram318
All Star

I would just use a 12ga shotgun, wouldn`t be the first time.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 PM
divetruck
Professional

Soak a couple of peices of sponge in bacon grease. That will clog them up.

A good solution. Check your local leash laws. Most places a dog must be either contained in a fenced yard or on a leash. If the dog is running free it must be under voice command. If none these are applying call animal control and have them picked up. Then the owners will have to goto the pund pay a fine and get their dogs back.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:53 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Im sorry this might make me an *** but if it is their dogs make them pay for it! You could make the dogs "disappear" and if they ask if you seen them say "what do you mean? You never had dogs!" and play off the Alzheimer's.

Damn that was just cruel wasn't it?

Plain and simple...my dogs are locked up and it if they get into something or hurt someone guess what...I'll have to pay for it.

Only solution I can think of is a proximeter device that blasts a siren if something comes close. Maybe you can tweak it to audible the high sound for dogs only?

Quick Reply: This ever happen to anyone else?