2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about Suspension lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Dominator7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Suspension lift?

I'm going to get the Skyjacker 2.5 suspension lift with the coils and the added leaf for the rear, also will be getting new Skyjacker shocks rated for 1-3", I'll also have the leveling kit on the front-Will I need anything else to complete the lift? like pitman arms for a lift or something like that? Any advice would be great thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
lucas3397
Professional
Default RE: Question about Suspension lift?

So what you have is a leveling kit already on the truck and you are going to add a lift kit also correct? To have 4.5 inches of lift in the front? If so then yeah you will need so other things like trac bar drop bracket, sway bar drop bracket, and upper and lower control arms. I believe you need those things anytime you go over 3" in the front with these trucks.

Also usually lift kits compensate for the difference in height in the front and back of the stock truck. If you keep the leveling kit on it may raise the front up more than the back.Or maybe you have different plans, I dont know....

Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Dominator7
Default RE: Question about Suspension lift?

Ok thanks, I don't know yet if I'm going to keep the leveling kit on there when I put the suspension lift on, It really depends on what it looks like and if the front is higher than the rear than the leveling kit is coming off

Quick Reply: Question about Suspension lift?