2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help. What to check next, What to do next

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help. What to check next, What to do next

put the new plugs in today fired it up and pulled the injector plug off. Guess what happened NOTHING. It sounded exactly the same with and without it. yet when I pulled the spark plug out it was wet and smelled like gas???

Old 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help. What to check next, What to do next

ok more on this nightmare:

I picked up a noild light set. In case anyone is wondering the on GM plug works on Dodge. Anyway the light flashes as it should meaning theres not a problem in my wiring. I have been conversing with RM_INDY about my issues and he gave me a few pointers. One was to make a "McGiver stethescope" and listen to the injector to see if i can hear it. I have an actual Machanics stethescope so I used that. It makes a clicking sound as does all the rest of them.
I don't get how everything says to pull the inj wire and listen for a difference but i heard none yet it seems as if the inj is still working fine

I also listened around where the plug goes into the head and the vc's to see if i heard and un-normal noises that could have been caused by the old spark plug piece. I heard nothing out of the ordinary.

So the only other thing I can really think of is that for some reason theres no spark getting to that plug? But would that cause the old one to break the way it did? I used to have this pen looking thinger that you could hold againgnst the wire and it would light up if there was a spark but i can't seem to find it now. I'll have to wait till I can get somebody to hold the wire and let me know if theres a spark.

I hate to think about this but if there was something wrong in there that would cause bad compression could that be causing all my problems?

Also I got these codes for the day

0304 (cylinder 4 mis fire the reason for all this mess)
1282 (from what I gather this is the fuel pump relay has a problem. I pulled the thing in the fuse box so I'm guessing thats why I got this one)
0204 (Fuel injector circut malfunction cyl 4. I figure could be the bad connection now with the broken clip)

On a happy note I ordered my SF wires on Monday and I got them already this morning. Talk about fast shipping I just got an email last night that they had been shipped.

Quick Reply: Need help. What to check next, What to do next