2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Too good of a deal to pass (Gibson/FIPK)???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 12:26 PM
CZSteve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too good of a deal to pass (Gibson/FIPK)???

OK, another exhaust/cold-air intake question.

Have an opportunity to pick-up a Gibson Swept Side exhaust (3" single) and a K&N FIPK for $325.00 for both systems.

They are both NIB and authentic. I know it is a very good deal.
However, is it a 'too-good-to-pass' type of deal?

I know it's hard to answer, but what kind of performance/mileage improvements can I expect?
Effects on low end torque? Loss -or- improvement?
Mileage?

I'd love to see improved throttle response and (like every other thread) better mileage.
Will also be towing a 19.5' Sea Ray w/ this truck.
I'm NOT looking for a LOUD exhaust, but do enjoy a nice tone/rumble.

Yea or Nay. What say you?

Old 01-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Too good of a deal to pass (Gibson/FIPK)???

I'd jump on it. A new K&N FIPK goes for around $250, so you're getting a cat back exhaust system for $75. Even if you want to put the exhaust system on your truck, you could probably sell it for $100 easy on E-bay.

You should notice improved performance, mileage, and throttle response with each item. I'm not sure exactly how much, but for $325 it's a cheap way to start. Allowing the engine to breathe better and expel exhaust gasses quicker is always a good thing.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:26 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Too good of a deal to pass (Gibson/FIPK)???

"What? you haven't bought it yet? Get it!!! Don't worry about any low end loss, you'll be happy with it for sure. it is a good setup for towing (from coming from a stock motor anyway) "... yeah, I have nothing better to do all day but surf the boards... buy it already!!!

Quick Reply: Too good of a deal to pass (Gibson/FIPK)???