2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

80 mph rpm??? 5.9 liter

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
richardpetty97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80 mph rpm??? 5.9 liter

Hey i know alot of people on this forum dont like me but anways i wanna know if any1 else has had this problem, when i floor it off a dead stop no problems up to about 80 mph, it wont shift gears and basically starts cuttin out, sounds really gay. It reds at 5k, and at about 80mph its like 5.3-4. Why wont it shift gears it never gave me this problem till about a motnh ago, transmission or could it be my stupid jet chip? Also i can get around this problem if i slightly let off the gas at about 75 then wait for it to shift gears befroe i floor it again, but its an automatic and it never used to do this, its really buggin me. Has any1 ever had this problem or know what to do about it?

Old 01-10-2005, 07:03 PM
dodgeballz
Default RE: 80 mph rpm??? 5.9 liter

In my experence that is usally caused by driver incompetence or a rare transmission condition called genataliaitus, first off, why are you trying to do upwards of 80 on a regular basis in a pickup truck? It's a PICKUP!! do the world a favor and get a honda, you definatly fit in better with the rice rocket ********. If it's not the driver incompetence, it may be what I refered to before as genataliaitus, this is a transmission condition normally caused by tacky decorative ********* hanging from the bumper and a DICK at the wheel!!!

Also, you refered to the sound it makes as being 'gay'...I am not a homosexual myself, however I have encountered a few over the course of my life, but I have yet to hear an actual homosexual start cutting in and out at high RPMS....and I dont think the rest of the guys here have either...maybe you could post an audio clip of it here on the board.

You may want to check your superchargers and special pistons, they, in combonation with other things might be causing your problem.

--Dylan

Old 01-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Ramtuff
Veteran

ORIGINAL: dodgeballz
Also, you refered to the sound it makes as being 'gay'...I am not a homosexual myself, however I have encountered a few over the course of my life, but I have yet to hear an actual homosexual start cutting in and out at high RPMS....and I dont think the rest of the guys here have either...maybe you could post an audio clip of it here on the board.
LMFAO!! I can't stop laughing at that.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
CumminsGal21
Captain

I'm reading this at work getting funny looks, because I can't quit laughing...lmao

Old 01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

hey dodgeballz he asked a legitimate question give him a legitimate answer not some BS of what u think he should drive

the ram srt10 is a pickup and is made to fly..maybe he wanted to make his truck fly too thats his buisness not urs if u maybe he likes ot do upwards of 80 in his pickup thats wut he lieks..hes not making u do it in urs

Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
richardpetty97
Rookie

thx ramfan hey dodgeball i never even said it had better pistons so quit flamin. oh and by the way read the last few posts in the 97 richard petty edition thread, it had me laughin for like 5 mins.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

no problem..u can call me tim btw.....i dont have a problem w/ u...u werent bein an a-hole in ur question ...and posts liek that bein an a-hole are a waste of space

Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 PM
moparmania
Veteran

damn i thought this was a good place for ppl to exchange good info about their dodges, not just flame someone becuase you feel like it . i have read the old posts about the richardpetty fiasco, but damn hes young give the boy a chance to get it right before you burn him. and just cause (its a truck lift it) as you even told me once wheni was posting a reply to a guy with a lowered sweet a## truck dosnt mean it cant or wont do 80+ on a regular basis. everyone has a idea on what they want their TRUCK to do or look like. leave it up to them balz.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:25 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

exactly..untiul ur making thier car payments..paying thier insurance and paying thier gas and all that other stuff..u cant tell them what to do its thier choice

Old 01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
richardpetty97
Rookie

hey thx for stickin up for me guys, and ya im 16 what were you drivin/takin care of at 16?(not to mention my dad knows almost nothing about cars so you guys are my teachers =) ) anyways im gona post a video of me racing some souped up ranger, hopefully it has the problem on it, where it gets all screwed up at about 80.

Quick Reply: 80 mph rpm??? 5.9 liter