2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Selling The Ram... Damn It....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:40 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Selling The Ram... Damn It....

So, after about a week of tough thought, and some depressing realizations about my current life situation, I am unfortunately selling my Ram. This has been one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in a long time, but I can not afford to keep it any longer. With gas prices steadily rising, and my money situation slowly declining, having the Ram just isn't economical. When I first bought it, I used it for commercial towing, and hauling, so it payed for itself. Now that that has stopped, I'm no longer able to afford the 10 mpg's it gets.

Here's the craigs list posting. I'll continue on here on Dodgeforum.com, because when I graduate from college, and get my ASE's certification and a better job, I'll have another Dodge. It's been my dream for so long to own my very own 3500, so that dream will come true. I'll be around till then.

It's been great guys, and you've saved my *** on more than one occasion. I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks Again.

http://albany.craigslist.org/car/666910572.html

Old 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Selling The Ram... Damn It....

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you, take it easy.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Mike Roma
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear it, but it sounds like you've thought it out and are making a wise decision. If you don't NEED a 10 mpg truck it make little sense todrive one right now. Gas hogs are not selling well now (understandably), but people who NEED trucks will buy them. If I didn't need mine for work (construction) I'd be riding my motorcycle everyday. Gas is freaking expensive![:@]I don't expect it to ever be "cheap" again.

When do you expect to graduate, and be certified?

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star

ORIGINAL: Mike Roma

Sorry to hear it, but it sounds like you've thought it out and are making a wise decision. If you don't NEED a 10 mpg truck it make little sense todrive one right now. Gas hogs are not selling well now (understandably), but people who NEED trucks will buy them. If I didn't need mine for work (construction) I'd be riding my motorcycle everyday. Gas is freaking expensive![:@]I don't expect it to ever be "cheap" again.

When do you expect to graduate, and be certified?

Best of luck to you.
Well, due to a bit of a slow start, I will be graduating in a year or so. I started as a part time student, and have since started as a full time this past semester. In about a year, with taking summer classes, I should graduate, and be certified.

Thanks for the good luck wishes guys.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Very tough decision...wish you lived near by and this was posted 2 months ago as I would of told my friend to buy it from you.

Well goodluck...you might not want to mention you cannot afford the gas...only reason I say that because it might discourage a buyer. We know gas isn't the greatest on our rigs but we don't need to point it out the public...just my two thoughts.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star

ORIGINAL: TIMIDONE

Very tough decision...wish you lived near by and this was posted 2 months ago as I would of told my friend to buy it from you.

Well goodluck...you might not want to mention you cannot afford the gas...only reason I say that because it might discourage a buyer. We know gas isn't the greatest on our rigs but we don't need to point it out the public...just my two thoughts.
Thanks for the advice, I wasn't too keen on that part either. I just removed it.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, gas is about to start the fall about the end of May? We usually have 9 weeks of prices going up and then they fall. Some are even looking for a crash as the speculators start losing big money get out of the market.

You may want to keep it, get a gas sipper for 2k. Look, I know this sounds strange, but your money situation is about to change if you can just hold on. Anyway, best of luck to you.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
dusty_duster
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 1BigRamaniac

You know, gas is about to start the fall about the end of May? We usually have 9 weeks of prices going up and then they fall. Some are even looking for a crash as the speculators start losing big money get out of the market.

You may want to keep it, get a gas sipper for 2k. Look, I know this sounds strange, but your money situation is about to change if you can just hold on. Anyway, best of luck to you.
I gotta agree here. The current prices are not in line with supply and demand. It's a "bubble."

Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

.....I am confused is your truck paid off? Then why would you sell it and then jump into a 1ton that gets even worse mileage and would most likely run on diesel which is just alittle more than gasoline, not to mention you would pick up another payment?
I dunno man i just bought a bike for 3600 to deal with these crazy prices during the summer and jump back in the dodge when the weather gets nasty! I d say rethink.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:07 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star

ORIGINAL: Wickedwiggles

.....I am confused is your truck paid off? Then why would you sell it and then jump into a 1ton that gets even worse mileage and would most likely run on diesel which is just alittle more than gasoline, not to mention you would pick up another payment?
I dunno man i just bought a bike for 3600 to deal with these crazy prices during the summer and jump back in the dodge when the weather gets nasty! I d say rethink.
No no, my plan is to have a 3500 desiel in the future. Not right now.

I've jsut picked up a gas sipper, but I just can't justify the truck anymore.

Quick Reply: Selling The Ram... Damn It....