2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 5.2L 318, random all cylinder misfire.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mike landrich
Too bad his post is actually useful. Come on, a poster posting on ongoing problems shouldn't be ridiculed for posting on an old thread. I solved my '96 Ram 1500's random cylinder misfire in an easier way. Cash for Clunkers..........
It's almost always some clueless newbie with less than 10 posts that resurrects a dead thread. Since most people in here look at only the first page when reading the forum it isn't helpful to have these long dead posts jump to the top of the forum. Seven months without a reply is long dead, IMO. If one has a similar problem and uses the thread instead of starting a new one, that's good, but offering help where the OP has either already fixed the problem or is no longer coming in here to find a solution isn't.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 09-14-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Mattb82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low fuel

Originally Posted by mike landrich
Has anyone ever gotten these codes only when the fuel tank is low. I've gotten them 3 times. Twice the tank was below 1/4 full and the last time it was approx 3/8. All 3 times, when I've filled the tank and cleared the codes, the truck has run fine.

I also got a transmission temp sensor code 2 of the times, so there may be some connection there.
[B]yes that's what I've been trying to figure out myself for the past 2 months. Started out misfiring when low gas light came on and disappeared when refueled now can't go near a 1/4 tank without it happening. So I've replaced tps sensor, plugs and evap air control motor and that didn't fix it so I dropped gas tank and am attempting to replace fuel pump. Hope this works. Will post results when done.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:19 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Come on Matt. This thread is more than six years old. Don't you find it ironic that the last post in it is complaining about folks resurrecting old threads, and at the time it was posted, it was only seven months? Well, I think you got him beat. Also, I would point out that very few of the folks that posted in this tread are still around.....

You also have a thread going for this..... Please exercise a bit of restraint, huh?

Old 01-21-2016, 11:07 AM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, the irony...

Old 03-09-2017, 07:03 PM
gary johnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil pack

Have u tested the coil pack remove the spark plug wire turn over look for spark mine did same thing and coil was dead

Old 03-09-2017, 08:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by gary johnson
Have u tested the coil pack remove the spark plug wire turn over look for spark mine did same thing and coil was dead
Did you check dates on this thread by any chance? Read the last several posts???? Or was this some variety of joke? This thread has been dead for almost a decade....

Quick Reply: 96 5.2L 318, random all cylinder misfire.