2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1-2 Funny shift characteristics

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
dillonjm
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-2 Funny shift characteristics

After reading some I'm interested in ya'lls opinions on my tranny again. I'm having a funny 1-2 shift.

On cold starts (mornings or after sitting for a few hours) my 1-2 shift kind of stumbles at light throttle, however shifts very nicely at higher throttle positions. After it warms up a bit this stumble goes away, but the 1-2 shift gets overly harsh almost to the point of a clunk while shifting.

I've checked my TV cable, its not broken and seems to be adjusted correctly. IfI advance it a little bit the stumble is SLIGHTLY less pronounced but the shift while warm getsharsher, retarding the cable a little bit does the opposite. Fluid level is good and clean, I just flushed and changed the filter/band adjustment (this was happening prior to the fluid change).

I've thought about maybe the Valve body being gunked up a little but thought I'd check for other ideas before dropping the pan again.

Thanks
Jerrod

Quick Reply: 1-2 Funny shift characteristics