2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rear lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:54 PM
phre0n
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear lift

i havea question about rear lift...i have a 01 sport with off road package.. also has a 2-3in leveling kit on it.. so it sits kinda bulldogged at the moment.. not liking that look to much.. lookin for some shackles but i got under the truck and looked them.. and they are mounted above the shackle mount (closer to the bed).. what can i do about this besides AAL, would rather not have blocks.. like to keep my springs mounted flushed against the axle.. and im afraid if i attempted to move that stock shackle down ill have to much lift.. any insite of this? would be of great help. thanks

Old 05-23-2008, 09:49 PM
dillonjm
Veteran
Default RE: rear lift

There are only a couple options, Add a leaf, Blocks, lift springs with more arch. Lift shackles aren't too much of an option unless you completely re-design the shackle setup as the spring runs above the shackle mount.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:29 PM
mstephen89
Captain
Default RE: rear lift

could go with helper springs, thats what I did. Added about 1.5 inches, plus 1.5 inch blocks = perfect for me. I got a set that my dad, had laying around, but I'm sure you could buy new ones for around 100 bucks or so

Quick Reply: rear lift