2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:08 AM
BiggBlu601
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some HELP!!!

I got a few questions about my 96 4x4 Ram with a 318 and all. It has about 128k on it and the tranny was rebuilt at about 60k or so. Anywayz my question is this i have not had any major problems out of the truck every, the tranny was rebuilt while my step dad had the truck yet here recently when i turn my Cruise on and start going up a hill and what not the tranny or the cruise one does not wanna downshift and drop to a lower gear and i lose about 5 to 10 mph before i just take it out of cruise and just punch the gas in order to get up the hill lol. I dont knwo if the tranny is messing up or if its my cruise not wanting to shift the tranny into a lower gear. Anywayz any help would be great if anyone can help me out. thanks a bunch.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: Need some HELP!!!

Probably a vacuum leak. There are a few tiny vacuum lines under the hood that can cause cruise control issues. Does your ac turn to defrost when going up a hill? Then it's definitely a leak. Somewhere on here there's a diagram you could search for. Seems to be a problem area under the battery I believe.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:08 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some HELP!!!

hmmmm thats kool. i was gonna start another thread on my A/C changing from coming out the vents to the defroster lol. I cant rememeber if it is while im going up a hill when it does it or what, but i will check it out tomorrow. Thanks a bunch man.