2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

its back again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: its back again.

I don't think Water Wetter will do a thing honestly.

It will not lower coolant temps below 180* or 195*, whichever you're currently running as a T-stat. The T-stat sets the minimum operating temperature for your engine. The coolant stays basically still in the engine (okay the water pump churns it, but it isn't going anywhere) until it hits the correct temp to pop the T-stat open. Only then does the fluid start to pump thru the radiator and the rest of the system. If it gets below 180* (or 195*) the T stat closes again, until it reheats. Water Wetter is a waste on a good running coolant system. Now that being said, it you are having overheating issues, say like when towing, and you know the system isn't to blame, you could always try it. But I'd recommend an electric fan over water wetter any day.

I have yet to find a $10 miracle in a bottle.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
rango726
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do have ac. if i use my ac and this noise starts forget it i might as well pull over as i wont be able to oull a hill even with no trailer.and my coolant system is working great. i havent had any issues with it getting too hot even while towing in the dead of summer. temp never moves past 180*

Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I bet the compressor clutch or the bearing is bad. Neither of which are replacable, you would need to buy the whole compressor. But you should take the belt off and check all the pulleys.

Quick Reply: its back again.