2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any hotrodders around here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
divetruck
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any hotrodders around here?

If you have money to burn on mods to make it go faster why are you worried about MPG?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No tune, stock injectors, guarantee your running excessively lean right now. Bet your a/f ratio is around 15:1 (or higher) WOT at 4k rpms. 4k to redline the a/f ratio would be ramping up even higher as rpms increase. At WOT to see best power NA you should be in the 12.5 (max pwr rich) to 12.8 (max pwr lean)

The pump is not critical, bigger injectorsanda real tune are.
I would go with FMS 24lb matched injectors and an SCT tune. Probably pick up another25-28hp & 35-40trq with just injectors & tune(crank)
Unless you do mostly highway driving, agear change will generallyincrease mpg.(if you keep foot out of it)City mpg will increasewith taller gears cause less throttle needed to accellerate at same rate.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 PM
msbhavn_dodge

Ok.... I had to change my holafex switch tonight and justcranking in the garage it sounds 100 times better, will take it within the next few days and see how it does. I know I need the PCM done but I figured it would launch a lil better than it did....

Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 AM
msbhavn_dodge

Ok so it suns 100 times better now.... The only thing I cant figure out is when its first crunk up its idles perfect but after a run to the store, when I leaves its doesnt idle right and I have to 2 foot it at stops.... whats the deal with that?

Quick Reply: Any hotrodders around here?