2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
tiny979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!

I have an '01 Ram 1500. The guages are all dead. dash lights on as if key is turned over in ignition. the truck seems to run fine but I have no guages. The "Dealer" said it might be a module and it could be a G-note to fix. any thoughts? No extras like Amps, alrms etc... installed. Thanks

tiny

Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
robkdpl
Default RE: HELP!!!!!

Had similar issues with the guage clusters in our heavy duty bucket trucks at work. Though they are GMC trucks they had to change the guage clusters to remedy the problems. Hopefully for your wallet that doesn't turn out to be your remedy.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Dontdodgeitramit
Professional

if im not mistakin it may be the bcm (body control module) i think they have them.. I have a pontiac do that.. I would ask the dealer for more info on how to dianose..

Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

does the odometer display "no bus". if so search the forum for about a million posts. everything from ground wires, to sensors, to fuses. i think it was rabbler that suggested unplugging all sensors until the no bus went away and he suggested starting w/ crank position sensor.