2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
nateblong
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it fit?

Ok, who knows if the Poweraid throttle body spacer will fit with the K&N F.I.P.K. (cold air intake) ? It really dont look like there is enough space between the cowl and T.B.. SO if anyone has tried this before...please, please give me your advice...Thanks I already have the F.I.P.K. on the truck without the Poweraid spacer....thank you..................2000 Ram 5.9L........

Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
kj4cwa
Professional
Default RE: Will it fit?

TB spacer doesn't do anything for our trucks. I got the same TB spacer you have from a buddy of mine. Pretty red paperweight.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah why would you want it? They don't do anything for these trucks.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
nateblong
Professional

I know that is the general concensus, and I respect that, but I have one on my 03 Liberty and I could definitly tell the difference, plus it really did give me a 2mpg increase, so I am gonna try it..F the naysayers Right?...lol

Old 06-04-2008, 12:40 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They work on some cars but not the Ram due to it being port injected. If you want to try it go ahead but they don't seem to do squat on these motors. They do work on some though. If you get one I'd try to fund a used one as you can get the for almost nothing sometimes for nothing if you pay shipping. I'd recommend reading up on port inhection and why they don't work on these motors though.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Silver1500
Professional

I had a TB spacer and the FIPK on my truck. It will fit, but your gonna have to wrestle with it for awhile and the top of the FIPK will rub on the cowl.
It makes a very annoying vibration at about 2500-3500 rpms and I have since taken the spacer off and put on a fastman TB.
If you do try to put the spacer on, be careful you dont crack the intake tube when youre trying to man-handle it on the TB, I almost broke mine a couple times.
Lesson learned on that one though.