2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diff packages

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diff packages

What are all the differnt packages and what do they mean? Like Ford has XL as low end model then XLT then Lariat. Just wondering what the diff dodge ones were.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:18 PM
drtelco
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diff packages

From what I've seen from friends trucks....I have an 04 QC 4X4 Hemi (3.92). A co-worker has the same truck with a 4.7 and 5 spd and has 3.55's. I've also seen some post with owners of 03/04 trucks with the 3.9 with 3.55's. Before I purchased my truck I was considering a 1 ton dually 4X4 with the Cummins. I saw one truck with 411's and the one I test drove with a 6 speed came equipped with 4.56's.. Hopefully it helps, but for all the information I believe you can check out the Dodge site....

Old 01-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Drew
Professional

drtelco, I think hea meant the difference between the SL, SLT and SLT Laramie packages.

SL, is the basic's, nothing fancy

SLT is nice, cloth, CD, power windows, locks, and a few other ammenities

the Laramie is the LOADED version. basicaly, if Dodge could fit it on there they put it on, usualy this is where you find Leather seats standard.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:32 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: Drew

drtelco, I think hea meant the difference between the SL, SLT and SLT Laramie packages.

SL, is the basic's, nothing fancy

SLT is nice, cloth, CD, power windows, locks, and a few other ammenities

the Laramie is the LOADED version. basicaly, if Dodge could fit it on there they put it on, usualy this is where you find Leather seats standard.
Thanks that is what I meant. In 01 did the SLT Laramie's not have leather? I have looked at several and none had leather but were all SLT Laramie's. Was it not the high end version back then or did they just not put leather in there?

Old 01-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Spartan
Rookie

I belive that the leather was a "leather" package that were mostly put on larmies. Not sure 100% though i have the original sticker at home and will check when i get out of school. Mines a 99 SLT with leather and "wood" trim....sadly heated seats and stering wheel radio controls were not offered in 99. but thats ok i love the leather...just at -4 degrees in the morning your butt gets a little chilled..lol

Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Spartan
Rookie

Ok well i cant find LARMIE any were on my sheet. however the leather package on a 99 SLT is as follows: Leather interior Group $1590 Leather seats, 8way power driver ,Mirror rearview auto day/night, Illuminated Visor Vanity, Overhead console w/trip computer.

Quick Reply: Diff packages