2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My new amp.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:06 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new amp.

I ended up selling my old Profile amp to a buddy. I've had this amp for give or take 3 years and think I got more than I paid for it new although not 100% sure on that. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...00M&tp=115

Thats what I had and sold him. I am powering 2 12" Infinity subs with it.

Anyway I went ahead and ordered a Alpine amp from a family member. I get a family discount as the local store he works at offers a discount for him and family members. I ended up barely spending any money of mine and I mean barely any as in under $10 in this deal.

Anyway I figured I traded a 3 year old amp for a brand new one that is probably better anyway. This is the amp I got.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...ures_and_specs

Anyone used it? How is it? I know it's a little too late to be asking now but it seemed to get good reveiws. Just looking for anyone thats used it. How was it? I kind of wanted a 600watt rms amp as the subs are rated for 300 watts rms but my Profile did fine with these subs and the next step up seems to be a 1000 watt amp which I didn't need nor did I want the price of. That was with Alpine anyway. I know I didn't have to stick with Alpine but thats who makes me 4 channel amp that powers my speakers. I kind of wanted them to match. Anyway I'm pretty stoked about this. Anyone used this? Good or bad?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:32 AM
engineblock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new amp.

Hey man Hook us up we all want a 10 dollar amp

Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: engineblock

Hey man Hook us up we all want a 10 dollar amp
It wasn't a $10 amp. It was a lot more than that I just happend to get such a great offer for my old one it ended up only being a $10 difference. So it cost me less than $10 out of my pocket because of how much I got for my old one. Way more than I thought it was worth.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I got this amp and got it installed tonight. For the most part I really like it. The one thing I don't like too much and I had this same issue on the 4 channel Alpine I have is how the power cables connect. It's really hard to get a 4 gauge cable in that spot then get the screw through it to screw it down. Took a little while playing with it to get it to work. The Profile has a much better design here where the wire goes in a round hole then you just tighten a screw down ontop of it. Other than that I really like this amp. It hits really hard and is pretty impressive so far. I'm liking it.

Quick Reply: My new amp.