2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

While I was at the junkyard...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 PM
kowboydmac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: While I was at the junkyard...

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

I wonder if the dash is cracked...

haha. well i didn't go near that one, but i pulled the dash out of another and it had a perfect dash cap on it. I just needed the mid section, if you will, so i let him keep the cap. there were at least 2 other great ones there.

Goddang. I woulda like to have seen that wreck. Wonder what he was doin. Or what his gf was doin to him. Hahahahaha I couldn't resist.
girls are no good if that's the inevitable outcome. geesh. ok well maybe they are good for some things.....

Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Viper37
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1996Ram318

Wow, looks like he flipped over. Our trucks are a lot of thing but one thing it isn't is particularly safe.
http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=401 [align=right]
[/align][align=right][/align][align=right]I have to disagree. My brother totalled a 1999 RC Ram in a frontal impact. The grille was maybe 18 inches in front of the windshield afterward. If these trucks were not safe, he would be dead.[/align]
I have to disagree. My Neighbor was clipped on the drivers side wheel well by a Dodge Stealth. The Impact brought the floorboard into the vehicle, and he no longer can feel below the waist. if these trucks were safe, he would still be able to walk.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain

The passenger headlight MIGHT be ok.... don't see anything else salvagable

Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

ORIGINAL: Viper37

ORIGINAL: 1996Ram318

Wow, looks like he flipped over. Our trucks are a lot of thing but one thing it isn't is particularly safe.
http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=401 [align=right]
[/align][align=right] [/align][align=right]I have to disagree. My brother totalled a 1999 RC Ram in a frontal impact. The grille was maybe 18 inches in front of the windshield afterward. If these trucks were not safe, he would be dead.[/align]
I have to disagree. My Neighbor was clipped on the drivers side wheel well by a Dodge Stealth. The Impact brought the floorboard into the vehicle, and he no longer can feel below the waist. if these trucks were safe, he would still be able to walk.
That's a tough call. Freak accidents happen, but it's hard to judge in overrall accountability of how "safe" a car is. I'm not much of a fan of the star rating, I'm glad it's there, but to make such an emphasis on it to me, is somewhat deceitful. I don't believe that most impacts are setup and controlled, therefore the angles vary, making short work of metal, glass and plastic.

i.e. if a vw bug hits someones fender, sending them into a tail spin, even though it's a ford f-350 super duty, can you really say that a vw bug is safer than a f-350, when you KNOW that if the ford was to hit head on, the likelihood of the vw bug driver telling about it the next day, is very, very slim.

What I can say is that I'd much rather be in the bigger vehicle whenever a collision may occur, and these dodges are some of the biggest on the road.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

yep im certian of it now....thats a truck

Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM
mstephen89
Captain

talking about safe vehicles. When I was in the 8th grade me and my mom were rearended in a 1989 lincoln town car, we were going 45 and the guy was going like 85 or something, he had a f150, around the same year, messed up his bumper, and mashed our trunk into the backseat, if anyone would have been in the back, they would have been killed. People always tell me that I should get a little car to save gas, and I tell them that until they quite giving stupid people driver licenses, I would rather save my life and just pay more for gas.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:30 AM
occ3377
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mstephen89

People always tell me that I should get a little car to save gas, and I tell them that until they quite giving stupid people driver licenses, I would rather save my life and just pay more for gas.
A FREAKIN MEN!! i agree

Quick Reply: While I was at the junkyard...