2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC compressor kicks on at 5psi runs for 5 secs and kicks off at 45psi over and over

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Brian'stime
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sooo

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Seriously? A SIX year old thread???
People without accounts still look for info on probs not the dates...SERIOUSLY... You the sheriff here!!

Old 08-13-2014, 08:26 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cakley
I slowly added some freon. As the pressure came up the compressor would stay on for longer. I was still well in the normal range and only used about 1/2 a 12oz can. The psi shot up to 110 and the compressor wouldn't kick back on.

Bleed some freon and no luck. I attempted to jump the compressor at the relay swith and screwed up and blew the 10amp fuse. Replaced the fuse. Bleed the freon down to 20psi. And now nothing. [X(][:@]
You know it's a federal crime (EPA Clean Air Act of 1990) to knowingly vent any refrigerant into the atmosphere? It yeilds a $25,000 fine for first time offenders, and the EPA even offers a $10,000 reward to turn in offenders.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian'stime
People without accounts still look for info on probs not the dates...SERIOUSLY... You the sheriff here!!
And there are numerous threads of exactly this nature that are FAR more recent. In fact, every summer, we see dozens just like it.

And yes, I AM the Sheriff here.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Brian'stime
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huh???

Originally Posted by HeyYou
And there are numerous threads of exactly this nature that are FAR more recent. In fact, every summer, we see dozens just like it.

And yes, I AM the Sheriff here.
So if you say you got newer threads,but the same problem then what does the age mean, if your intention is to help find a solution to their needs??? I've read many "QUOTES" from older threads that solved my problem. So...being the "(QUOTE SHERIFF)....what your real problem??? I thought we were here to help??

Old 08-14-2014, 01:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

we are.

I would point out that YOU found this thread via search. There was zero need to resurrect a SIX year old thread. If you found it, so can others.

Quick Reply: AC compressor kicks on at 5psi runs for 5 secs and kicks off at 45psi over and over