2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1/8 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:37 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 mile time

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

BTW that Mustang didn't beat me by much. I had a better 60 foot time and had him to probably half track maybe a little less then he came past me. At the end I was about even with his back bumper so he didn't have me by too much.
Might have had something to do with the fact you had to keep it on two wheels and race on a 2X4.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a guy on MF with fairly simple mods has his v6 manual into the deep 14s...gears, headers, tuner...nothing done to the engine, no FI.

i think that the 60 foot is really hurting you...i think that the truck should get out better than that..how are you launching?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2.5 sounds like a decent 60' I dont know why you think it should be better. 2.4 would be about the best I would expect, that is unless you put it in 4 low.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:13 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm launching off the footbrake as thats all I have. It's going sideways on launch. I can usually hold it straight and keep it straight just spinning but a few times I even had to be turning to keep it straight when I left. It just wouldn't hook at all. I think it was a combination of the tires/ track. I should have tried in 4wd but I didn't.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:33 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

I'm launching off the footbrake as thats all I have. It's going sideways on launch. I can usually hold it straight and keep it straight just spinning but a few times I even had to be turning to keep it straight when I left. It just wouldn't hook at all. I think it was a combination of the tires/ track. I should have tried in 4wd but I didn't.
Dont launch off the footbrake. It launches better when you roll into it. Just have both feet on the pedals and take the slack out of the accelerator when launching, maybe a little footbrake, 1200rpm at most. And DONT punch it from go. I beat my neighbors srt 10 all day from a dig because thats all he does and goes up in smoke.

**** if you want a good 60' buy the slicks I have. Footbrake to your heart's content.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:40 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I leave with just taking my foot off the brake and onto the gas I was running slower times than with it spinning. It just doesn't leave hard at all like that. Atleast mine doesn't. Could it be the higher stall converter?

Quick Reply: 1/8 mile time