2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C noise persists

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:47 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C noise persists

Still not sure what is causing the weird noise with the A/C. The A/C pumps out very cold air and makes no noise when the vehicle comes to a stop or when it's ideling in park, but as soon I start moving the vehicle with the A/C on, this very strange intermitent blowing sound comes from the dash. It will make the whisteling sound for about 3-5 seconds, then stop for about 5 seconds, and then whistle for 3-5 seconds, and so on and so on. So driving with the A/C on is very annoying, it's a loud noise and gets old. I've had the system recharged twice thinking it was low on juice, all that did was make the air conditioning even colder, but the whisteling is still there. Sounds like it's coming from the dashboard, near the defroster. Any other thoughts guys??

Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
kowboydmac
All Star
Default RE: A/C noise persists

Maybe somethin with the vents or the heater core?

I just pulled out my dash and i can tell ya there's a few tiny spots a whistling could occur, but I wouldn't be one to trust with for a diagnoses.

I can't even figure out the flippin temperature ****

Old 06-29-2008, 02:59 PM
engineblock
Veteran
Default RE: A/C noise persists

there could be an opening near where the ac tubes go into the truck and it causes the whistling noise (or also the water hoses the go into the cabin)

Quick Reply: A/C noise persists