2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LMC truck = garbage

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
8t5gt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMC truck = garbage

omg first time lmc customer and im never buyin from them again, i purchased a rollpan and i paid about 40 bucks for shipping and when i get it , the liscence plate light that came with it is broken. and the roll pan edges and bent in. it took me about 10 mins with a hammer and block of wood to get it presentable for my truck, i dont expect alot because i beat the truck a ton, but this rollpan looked horrible. i took pics and im going to send them into lmc and tell them what i think.

it might be a once in a while thing, but it seems everytime i go away from summit and buy another company i get effed so hard.
summit and jegs never eff me around, and they are more than happy to take anything back.

anyone else have a bad exp with lmc?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
98DodgeRam1500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LMC truck = garbage

what did they say when you called them about getting a replacement?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think it was like that before they shipped it or it got mangled during shipping?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:19 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah did you call them to see if they would replace it before you beat it with a hammer?

Old 07-13-2008, 05:18 PM
dillonjm
Veteran

I agree, you should at least give them a chance to make it right before bashing them. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:46 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I've only dealt with LMC once but I was fairly happy with it. I got an aftermarket grille for pretty cheap and it arrived just fine. It wasn't quite as good of quality as the OEM one but it's stuff that more than likely only I would notice and thats not their fault just the company that made the grille. Like it's like it has a dent in it on each side like from how they molded it just not being even. It's not bad at all and not like it's dented really just how it's made. Thats not LMC's fault. They as a company were pretty good to deal with to me and I'm fairly happy with the grille so far. It has a few small imperfections but at a fraction of the cost of the oem one I'm really happy with it and it looks a lot better imo.

Now if I was them and you beat it back into shape with a hammer then called me complaining you'd be on your own. Once you beat on it I wouldn't help you anymore as how do I know you didn't do the original damage. If it was damaged in shipping and you called I would have tried to help. I'm assuming this would be how they are but I don't know that for sure. Maybe you did call and just left it out of the story but it doesn't seem like you did.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Timb75
Rookie

I've never ordered from them but I've heard only good things. Bad service or not they're the king of preformed patch panels.A lot of there stuff you won't find anywhere else. Not so much Dodge products (yet)but older Ford and Chevy trucks.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
White Ram
Professional

Oh boy, I just ordered their heavy duty headlight harness to see if that would help my terrible headlights. Well see. Supposedly it shipped early last week.

Anybody have experience with this part?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: White Ram

Oh boy, I just ordered their heavy duty headlight harness to see if that would help my terrible headlights. Well see. Supposedly it shipped early last week.

Anybody have experience with this part?
Nope but I've been wondering about it. Hopefully you can report back if it's worth it or not.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:27 AM
ron333
Captain

I have bought from them a couple different times. Once for replacement tailgate bushings, and the other time for replacement window seals. I ordered one set for each side and when they arrived, both sets were for the driver side. The item numbers on the packaging were correct, but the actual seals were both for the driver side. I called them and they apologized for the mistake, and told me to keep the the duplicate as a future spare. They sent out another set for the passenger side and all was well. I will definitely buy from them again. It's too bad you reshaped the piece before calling them. I'm sure they would've corrected the issue for you.

Quick Reply: LMC truck = garbage