2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LMC Headlight Harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LMC Headlight Harness

http://pavementsucks.com/forums/view...p?topic=124336

New problem check there for it since I can't post much here.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Bump. Another update. I'm posting over there as it wont let me post much here. Any ideas?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Satellite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went outside to check mine and now the headlights only work occasionally. It started out with just parking lights and low beams working and no high beams, then for awhile everything worked perfectly, then it went to no headlights, just parking lights. On top of that one of my fog light bulbs burned out. Needless to say I'm not pleased. I installed some nice clear headlight housings today, but I doubt that that has anything to do with my current problems.

I haven't tried going back to the stock harness, but I suppose I should in order to diagnose the problem. I did notice a sparking/electric kind of noise near the area of the headlight switch today when I turned the key to "on" to pull the codes. Right now I'm thinking that maybe my headlight switch was bad or going bad all along and maybe it got worse this afternoon. I was really hoping that I had dodged that $100 bullet.

Good luck, hometheaterman. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

*Update* I went outside and tried the headlights again. The first 2-3 times I tried to turn them on I only got parking lights. After that everything worked perfectly every time. I flipped the headlights on and off and went from low to high at least two dozen times and they worked every time. I know my grounds are good on the LMC harness, so I don't know what the problem could be. I'm still thinking that the headlight switch may be failing and working intermittently, but I just don't know.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:24 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I would guess the headlight switch as well.

See if you can grab one off of eBay if cost is a problem. I don't believe they usually go for much there, but they are usually used to, so get them from a reputable seller.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Since I had soo many problems with this kit and the highbeams sticking on until I would turn the fog lights off I just gave up after some trouble shooting and unhooked it. I would like to take the load off the switch but I've yet to be able to find whats wrong with this kit. I wouldn't recommend it at all if you have fog lights and even if you don't have them still not sure I'd get this. I wish I hadn't spent $40 on it. I should have just gotten the Nokya harnesses to keep the plugs from melting in the first place. Ended up costing me $66 instead of $26 because I ordered this kit first which is pretty much useless.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Racer-X
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AutoZone has cheep switch part # SW1008 Around $25.00

Quick Reply: LMC Headlight Harness