2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Coil spacers, who has first hand info.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spacers, who has first hand info.

Looking at coil spring spacers after the recent addition ofmy pushbar. Looking for those who have put them through some abuse, any concerns etc. Im looking for the ones offered by "hellbentsteel" which seem to be constructed very well. For $65 Can you really go wrong? If so, lets hear it!

Thanks in advance,
pcfixerpro

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
shawnsack
Rookie
Default RE: Coil spacers, who has first hand info.

i have a pair of 2" spacers on the front of my truck... and trust me they withstand the abuse... i know because i beat the hell out of my truck and those are still intact... just makesure the welds look good on the ones you buy.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:39 PM
buckindawoodz

i have a 99 Ram 2500 and I have 2" spacers made by Superlift under it......They make the ride a little stiffer but they can take a beating....I have never had any trouble with them at all.....I have had them for about 4 years now.....Still holding strong....

Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 PM
jo4x4

I purchased the Hell Bent Steel spacers about a year ago and am totally impressed. They are a very high quality product. I have a plow on my truck and they have withstood everything I put them through. Just bought a T-shirt with their cool logo on it too!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 AM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a 1996 SWB 1500 4x4. I measured before adding a coil spacer, and measuring from the center the wheelwells f/r showed a 2" difference (rear higher). Wanting the rear to be slightly higher, I put in a 1.5" spacer (they're out there). Measuring afterwards showed the front bumper 2" higher, front wheelwell 1.5" higher (duh), rear wheelwell the same, and the rear bumper LOWER by half an inch. Figure the frame of your truck as a lever, and the rear axle as the fulcrum (or as a see-saw). As you raise the front of the truck, it pivots on the rear axle, and the rear bumper goes down. I added a 3/8' spacer to the rear (picture a 3/8" zero-rate spring), and it brought the rear bumper up 3/4" (1/4" higher than before I added the front spring spacer). Something to think about when lifting just one end of your truck.

Quick Reply: Coil spacers, who has first hand info.