2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A many pictures and questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A many pictures and questions!

Alrighty here we go! Got the truck painted white due to no a/c and it gets rather hot down here in oklahoma, still saving money to redo the line x on it. Just had new 4.88s put in the front and rear not to impressed with the transfer of power but it might be that the engine is still underpowered, also did all the ball joints, tie rod ends, adj sleeves, pitman arm, and steering damper (still need to do the gearbox its shot too) Now for the questions! I found these hoses at least they look like vacuum hoses in the dash and they seem to have been melted, anyone know what they are? how hard to replace? Also found that strange little wire just sitting there in the dash as well any ideas? And finally should all those air control dials lightup? or do they not when your lights are on? I also get that little red light next to the O/D button flashing when i turn the truck off *it isn't every time either, anyone know the reason for this?

thanks for the help

Last edited by Wickedwiggles; 09-08-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice looking truck. the vac hoses are for the heat/ac/defroster/damper controls. they're just vacuum tubes, so if you can find the other ends and put sleeves over them, it'll work ok. use one size larger tubing as the sleeve. add a little rtv if you feel like it.

where did you get your tie rod ends ? they look stout. dana 60 front ?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

got em at race pages.com but they are just the moog replacements ie all the joints are moog the pitman is skyjacker drop pitman, and the trac bar is the dt profab.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:16 AM
kitchenrat1
Rookie

That plug should be for an auxillary power outlet. I've got the same one.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

And the broken plastic hoses are probably why the AC didn't work to begin with.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

heh they ac dont work cause i ripped it out, compressor and all. Little better hp and fuel, of course i kinda defeat that by driving around with the windows down heh. I also think i found the culprit behind that little red light. Seems to have something to do with the alarm system the guy before me put in there.

Quick Reply: A many pictures and questions!