2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ebay air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:06 PM
chappel61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay air intakes

hey im was lookin at them air intake kits they sell for the rams that people are charging $30 for and $30 s&h for, are they worth the money or is the other companies such as airade or k&n kits better for $200?

Old 01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ebay air intakes

I have seen other posts were people said they purchased one and thought it was ok. Other even suggest making your own by going to homedepot for the parts. Personally, I have an Airaid, and I really like it. It was a little difficult to get lined up on the throttlebody using their s-screw design, but once you get it threaded, it's no big deal. Good mod.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:56 PM
P.B.
Rookie

I KNOW K&N WAS USING AN OIL IN THERE FILTERS TO COLLECT FINE AIR PARTICLES. IT WAS ALSO IN THE CLEANER THEY SELL FOR THERE FILTERS. IT WAS MESSING UP THE MASS AIR SENSORS (MAS). THEY POSTED ARTICLES IN SUPER STREET MAGAZINE STATING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO CHANGE THE COMPOSITION OF THE OIL TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING. PEOPLE WITH MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSORS (MAP) WEREN'T HAVING THIS PROBLEM. I DON'T OWN A K&N SO I NEVER LOOKED INTO IT.I WOULD SUGGUST YOU DO IF YOU HAVE A MASS AIR SENSOR, AND ARE CONSIDERING BUYING A K&N.. ALSO READ THE FEEDBACK OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO BUY FROM ON E-BAY. I GOT BURNED 485$FOR A CLUTCH KIT & 85$ FOR AN IGNITOR CHIP FOR MY NISSAN PROJECT CAR.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:12 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the Honda forum I vist many people have tried both and say buy the eBay intake and put a K&N filter on it as all an intake is is a pipe and a filter so get a cheap pipe and put a good filter on it.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:29 PM
P.B.
Rookie

TUBE IS CHEAP. GOOD IDEA. IF YOU HAVE TO BEND THE TUBE IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY. THE AFTERMARFET TUBES ARE RIBBLESS. IF YOU HAVE IT MANDRELL BENT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE RIBS. THIS WILL REDUCE SMOOTH FLOW. ALSO IF YOU HAVE SENSORS, BREATHERS, OR VACUUM LINES TO YOUR STOCK TUBE YOU WILL NEED TO WELD PORTS FOR THESE ON YOUR CUSTOM TUBE. AFTERMARKETS WILL ALREADY HAVE THEM. IF YOU DO GET A TUBE AND BUY A FILTER BE SURE IT IS NOT GALVANIZED IF YOU HAVE TO WELD PORTS ON IT. WELDING GALVANIZED TUBING WILL MAKE YOU VOMIT PROFUSHIOUSLY AND WISH YOU WERE DEAD. ANY ? JUST ASK.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
P.B.
Rookie

ALSO IF YOU DO A CUSTOM INTAKE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BUY THE SILICONE ADAPTER TO FIT IT TO THE THROTTLE BODY. FOR A FILTER (20$) A ADAPTER(7$) 2 HOSE CLAMPS(2) AND A CHUNK OF TUBING(1-10$) AND PAY A MUFFLER SHOP TO BEND IT, YOUR PROBBABLY BETTER OFF JUST BUYING THE SHINY CHROME ONE OFF E-BAY.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Racer Rob
Veteran

I have one and it works well for me. I would buy it again.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got an "ebay intake" on my stratus, and its been great. fitment and all.

Quick Reply: ebay air intakes