2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd pulling right

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM
cessnajfb
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd pulling right

Ok I realize this is a question with pretty well known answers but it's not costing me anything but my reputation and maybe I will get an answer that will help.

When I bought this truck from the first owner who I know, it pulled to the right but had not been wrecked. It had 78k on it and cheap Discount Tire radials. I replaced the tires with uniroyal laredos. It still pulled right so I immediately took it to Goodyear to have the front end aligned. They said the alignment was good and that the source of my pull was brake related and were even nice enough to give me an estimate of $700 to thoroughly go through the front brakes on both sides and fix it. Fooey on that, I replaced the right caliper and brake line and greased the bearings - still pulled. My daughter was driving the truck at the time at college so I told her to just put up with the pull. Due to another probelm (see cessnajfb posts) I've got the truck now and the pulling annoys me.

If anyone has any ideas or theories obvious or not, please comment.

Thanks,

Frank

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd pulling right